PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 11:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

Turtl3sh3ll is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro screen no image no respond

I have no idea whats going on but i need some help..... I was in the store with my phone in my pocket when my wife called..... i pull the phone out of my pocket to answer and it was not responding.... no big deal until i soft reset and wtf! no screen. if i wait a few seconds i hear noises whitch tells me the device is on. Also when i plug it in the computer and touch the power button it comes on and off.

What ive tried:
Removing the battery then charging it for a few minutes (no avail)

Hard reset (no idea whats going on not even sure if it responded to the reset button being pushed)

Specs
Touch pro on cricket
JD's 6.5.1 clean rom
spb mobile shell 3.5 demo

Last edited by Turtl3sh3ll; 11-04-2009 at 11:25 PM. Reason: forgot rom
Old 11-04-2009, 11:23 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Turtl3sh3ll is a n00b
Re: Touch Pro screen no image no respond

infact i cant even get it into bootloader mode
Old 11-05-2009, 12:25 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Turtl3sh3ll is a n00b

update* i let it charge for a while and it came on then tried to put it in bootloader and its back at blank screen
Old 11-05-2009, 02:04 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to the HTC Touch Pro forum.

Old 11-05-2009, 03:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtl3sh3ll View Post
update* i let it charge for a while and it came on then tried to put it in bootloader and its back at blank screen
sounds like your screen died. I would flash back to the shipped rom and lock it and get a warranty replacememnt. You can use MyMobler here to see your screen output on the computer. Or, you can use a TV Out cable to see it on a TV.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Turtl3sh3ll is a n00b

well it came on again and i messed with it a little and i noticed when i hit the power button to suspend it it looked like the sceen was still on ( like a backlit purple) and i soft reset it to see if that would work (it did) then tried to hardreset and it started not working again. its weird because i take the battery out replace it and hold the power button ; it vibrates to indicate its booting but the screen stays blank and unpowered could it be the rom? (kinda why i put it in the rom section) Im using JD's rom 6.5.x on cricket (no warranty)
Old 11-05-2009, 01:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtl3sh3ll View Post
well it came on again and i messed with it a little and i noticed when i hit the power button to suspend it it looked like the sceen was still on ( like a backlit purple) and i soft reset it to see if that would work (it did) then tried to hardreset and it started not working again. its weird because i take the battery out replace it and hold the power button ; it vibrates to indicate its booting but the screen stays blank and unpowered could it be the rom? (kinda why i put it in the rom section) Im using JD's rom 6.5.x on cricket (no warranty)
the rom section is ony for releasing new roms or radios.
I would flash the shipped rom. That's always the best thing to do when you have a major problem like that. Then, if it still exhibits the same behavior, you pretty much know it's hardware problem. It sounds like your screen is going bad or maybe the ribbon cable is coming loose

Last edited by razorloves; 11-05-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Turtl3sh3ll is a n00b

when it came back on ( or connected to activesync) we flached the stock rom and all was fine (aligned the screen ran customizations etc) then when it reset the screen went blank again
Old 11-05-2009, 09:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

johnboyinfl is becoming a great contributor

i agree with razorloves. just use mymobiler so that you can see the screen so that you can do a hard reset and go stock. my screen did a very similar thing. mymobiler worked great. had to get a replacement.

johnboyinfl
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:39 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Turtl3sh3ll is a n00b

well its definitely not the rom and i think it might not be the hardware either,

Out of the blue it satrted working perfectly so i put stock rom on it re-unlocked it and reflashed one of JD's 6.1 roms and everything was fine for about 2.5 hours.
then it happened again!

I did notice a microp firmware error, the same one mentioned here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=513209&page=2
but no solution for it

I know however that i had seen the microp error 2 or three days ago after downloading and installing this:
http://nuerom.com/BlogEngine/page/nueKBLight.aspx

i may also need to mention that this error survived 3 stock flashes and 2 regular flashes

I am going to keep looking but suggestions are more than welcome! $5 to a real solution! (paypal)

Last edited by Turtl3sh3ll; 11-05-2009 at 10:41 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro