PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 03:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro on Alltel
Carrier: Alltel

rev800x is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery dies so quickly. Why???

Just wondering why the battery on the TP dies so fast. My 6800 would go at least 2 days on a charge. From the day I took it out of the box and gave it a full charge to now I'm lucky to get 12 hours out of it at best and as little as 4 hours (depending on signal and what ROM I use)! And why is it that the TP2 can go so much longer on a charge when it has the same chip set and even a larger screen? Just doesn't make since to me. I mean shouldn't a phone at least last the whole day on one charge?
Old 11-03-2009, 07:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Battery dies so quickly. Why???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev800x View Post
Just wondering why the battery on the TP dies so fast. My 6800 would go at least 2 days on a charge. From the day I took it out of the box and gave it a full charge to now I'm lucky to get 12 hours out of it at best and as little as 4 hours (depending on signal and what ROM I use)! And why is it that the TP2 can go so much longer on a charge when it has the same chip set and even a larger screen? Just doesn't make since to me. I mean shouldn't a phone at least last the whole day on one charge?
my tp last's a day, but I had my pagepool set at like stock, 6mb, and that helped.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 11-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

This phone just uses a lot of juice. Especially since it has a large resolution screen. Purchase some extra batteries and a standalone charger off eBay for cheap. That way you will be able to keep moving without being tied to the wall/car charger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev800x View Post
Old 11-03-2009, 08:23 PM
VIP Member

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrush View Post
This phone just uses a lot of juice. Especially since it has a large resolution screen. Purchase some extra batteries and a standalone charger off eBay for cheap. That way you will be able to keep moving without being tied to the wall/car charger.
true, when I had the 64mb pagepool I was lucky to get 2hrs standby time.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Will7272 is keeping up the good workWill7272 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Will7272 Send a message via MSN to Will7272 Send a message via Yahoo to Will7272 Send a message via Skype™ to Will7272

You can also try to make sure that "Accept all incoming beams" is off. Also, TF3D uses A LOT of juice.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:43 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will7272 View Post
You can also try to make sure that "Accept all incoming beams" is off. Also, TF3D uses A LOT of juice.
very true on both, can't we also change the brightness?
Old 11-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM
Carrier: Sprint

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm about to get #3. Also reconditioned. All craptastic and ALL bad charging ports.

The batteries are fine, the USB charging ports are craptastic. They don't deliver enough juice or are faulty. I tried three separate batteries, all with no email, etc., literally just using as a phone and without fail, all really stupidly bad battery life. The phone is not built well.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

My phone never usually hooks up to the USB charging port.

I got two of these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-FOR-HTC-TOUC...item56368affda
1 for home and 1 for work

I bought 6 of these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/OEM-HTC-FUZE-Tou...item335635c899

It's worth the investment. Just slap a new one on. I change mine at least 3 to 4 times a day. It's mostly a lot of talking on the phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro