PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

tfoster is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Trying to flash new rom, Activesync disconnects? Any ideas?

Sprint Touch Pro

I have just started with this forum and have looked for an answer to this but maybe Im the only one with this problem, I just got my touch pro and want to put a new rom on there and I have followed the instructions to the letter and as I am watching the multi-color screen on my Touch pro the screen on my computer says it will take 10 minutes to complete, but then comes up with an error saying it cant connect with the phone. "make sure it is connected" well ive done that, rebooted my computer, uninstalled and reinstalled "activesync", don't know what else to do. Any suggestions! Thanks Guys!!
Old 11-02-2009, 04:40 PM
High Speed Lurking
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G!
Carrier: Sprint

Triscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIP
Re: Trying to flash new rom, Activesync disconnects? Any ideas?

Activesync can be a jerk for no reason sometimes. I know there are multiple activesync fixes out there, but I don't know where.

I would suggest flasing from your sd card. Its pretty fast and easy.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61333

Go to about the middle of the first post, under flashing.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:56 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP
Re: Trying to flash new rom, Activesync disconnects? Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by triscuit1983 View Post
Activesync can be a jerk for no reason sometimes. I know there are multiple activesync fixes out there, but I don't know where.

I would suggest flasing from your sd card. Its pretty fast and easy.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61333

Go to about the middle of the first post, under flashing.
+1 I don't even mess with Active Sync anymore.

I would rec doing a hard reset to clear the RAM before attempting to flash then follow these steps.... Get 7Zip or similar program that can extract files from .rar files, use it to extract the .nbh file from whatever ROM .rar you are wanting to use, rename it RAPHIMG.nbh, put it on the root of the storage card (not in a folder) and throw the device in bootloader (hold power, vol down, and soft reset with stylus...HOLD stylus in until bootloader screen pops up, then hit power when it tells ya to.....Thaaaats it! After the rom flashes you hit the soft reset with the stylus and she will fire up and start loading. Always let the customizations run on initial set up, then I reccomend doing a Hard reset to start with a clean slate. I would rec reading the thread mentioned in the post above mine though for more in depth detail if ya have any questions. I flash ROMs from my 8g card all the time with NO troubles. Some may say to keep ROMs on a seperate card than all your norm files as the flashing can corrupt the whole kit and kaboodle, I haven't headed this advice and have had no issues. I keep a back up copy of my SD though, fo sho!

Good Luck Bro, welcome to the world of "cell phone crack" FLASHING!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: hTC touch-pro 2!
Carrier: sprint

dee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

ye just remember to format your card and have .net3.5 installed

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro