PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2009, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

BikerSk8rKid is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to BikerSk8rKid Send a message via Yahoo to BikerSk8rKid
Sound Problem

Hello,
I'm new to the Forum and I've had my HTC Touch since around May. I've had to have it replaced WAY to many times until the problem was fixed. Now I love it and it's just perfect, haha. It's not refurbished, I refuse to EVER get a refurbished phone again. I've had the worse problems with them ever.

Problem: Out of no where today, I went to pull my phone out to make a call to a friend. I thought his phone was screwed up because I couldn't hear it ring. If I turn on the "Speaker" it works just fine. I can sometimes get it to work by messing with the slider, not having it shut all the way or something (hard to explain).

Any help?

Ps. I just got back from Sprint, I doubt they looked into it, but he just ordered a refurbished one, which I will not accept. It took way to long and to much work to get this phone the way I wanted it. Such as recieving text messages, phone calls, picture mail ect.. on time and no delays or lags. Nothing is wrong with my phone, until now just with the ear sound part.

I've never dropped it before as well and I don't talk on the phone much. Sorry if this is confusing or doesn't make sense, way to stressed out.

Edit: What are your thoughts on the Touch Pro 2? I haven't heard anything about it or even knew there was one out until now. I didn't see it at the Sprint Stores either.

Last edited by BikerSk8rKid; 10-30-2009 at 09:17 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:18 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: Sound Problem

how many tps have you had? just curious soldier.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
how many tps have you had? just curious soldier.
I have no idea actually. I bought one brand new to avoid the Contact and then that one was defective, got another one, defective and then some where along the lines they finally bought me a brand new one. Works perfect.
Before this phone I wasn't as smart phone, now I'm not going to let them bull**** me anymore.

I just want to fix this problem, if not looks like I'm stuck with Speaker Phone or Ear Pieace. I'm actually debating on taking it part and findin the problem. It's only in the screen slider part, the keyboard section of the phone works perfectly fine. It's like there is a problem with it sliding or something got pinched, I don't know.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:52 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

maybe you've read this but alot of pointers here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=89583. it works for some folks.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
maybe you've read this but alot of pointers here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=89583. it works for some folks.
I'll look into it, thanks. Now I'm having problems with my Dekstop Computer and Laptop. Laptop isn't anything bad compared to the Dekstop. *ML

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro