PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 11:23 AM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Beta android os for cdma (helpers needed)

Okay so here is a beta version of the Android OS for the CDMA touch pro. I have tried numerous tweaks to try and get this working on my TP and finally it runs but I am not able to use it fully. I am not able to make calls or anything so if anyone has an idea on how to port over the Hero...now that would be a great start. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:24 AM
337 L.V.
Threadstarter

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Beta android os for cdma (helpers needed)

Okay thanks to all of you who messaged about testing the Android OS for me to see if you are able to make or receive calls. Here are the instructions. Okay I did most of the work as far as the startup text and the rootfs and zimages and they are all attached. What you are going to do is download and unzip this file onto your computer. If it doesnt work the first time just keep trying because the site has been messing up but eventually you will get it.

http://connect-utb.com/index.php?opt...-htc-touch-pro

Then you are going to download the files Ive attached and you are going to replace the files in the download from the link above with the files Ive attached. which should be the rootfs.img and the startup text. and the zimage. After you have replaced the ones already in the folder with the ones Ive attached Then move the folder onto the root of your 'MEMORY CARD'. Once you have done this...you are going to copy all the files in the folder. Not FOLDERS but all the FILES. Things that end in .img or .conf. All the files that look like those type of files copy them to the root of your memory card. There should be 9 all together that you are going to copy and paste onto the ROOT OF YOUR MEMORY CARD. After you have copied these...open the folder that contained all of these and run the icon called HARET....now wait about 2 or 3 minutes and your phone should run the linux which is already included and then it will buzz twice...run through something that looks like command prompt. and then the Android OS will start up. NOTE: Your phone should be charging while this is taking place. Ive ran it without the charger but it runs faster while plugged up. Wait for the OS to start and then follow the prompts to get it started. Please post or message me with the details on weather you are able to use your phone like normal. I have not been able to test anything other than the interface itself and it is running nicely. I just dont know if I can call or text being that my phone isnt active. Please let me know how this works for you. I am very interested to know if you can call or even text. Remember a soft reset will bring your phone back to the windows mobile interface you had before. And then just running the HARET icon will take you the Android OS. Also I have not found a fix in order to play sounds. Im not sure if sound even works. I am more concerned about being able to text or call someone as of now.
Attached Files
File Type: zip rootfs.zip (3.95 MB, 12 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip zImage.zip (1.30 MB, 12 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: txt startup.txt (299 Bytes, 14 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by youngpro83; 10-28-2009 at 11:43 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:24 AM
337 L.V.
Threadstarter

Reserved.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

claviertekky is a n00b

Is this version RAPH### specific?
Old 10-28-2009, 01:05 PM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

works on my Alltel TP also any calls/texts still do not work.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:16 PM
337 L.V.
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by claviertekky View Post
Is this version RAPH### specific?
Yeah for the most part this did come from a RAPH port. I did some tweaking of the port for it to run on the CDMA. As far as getting it fully functional is still a guess for me because I do not know how to port the hero over. That is why I needed help. If someone could port over the HERO then we should have a fully functional OS for the TP.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Real quick, how does this differ from the haret.exe I ran like 5 months ago? The one back then didn't make any calls/text but everything else for the most part worked.
You know me? I can spot a Swan from a Duck
My approach? Smoother than an Armani tux
Old 10-28-2009, 01:45 PM
337 L.V.
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoRich196 View Post
Real quick, how does this differ from the haret.exe I ran like 5 months ago? The one back then didn't make any calls/text but everything else for the most part worked.
Just the interface. As of now the calls and text still do not work, but the interface is more current and looks better on the screen. Boot up time is faster and you are able to boot up without having it connected to the charger. The hero just came out so I am trying to find a way to port that over so that this version will be able to use data. the big difference is boot time and more screen compatibility.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:37 PM
337 L.V.
Threadstarter

Okay so I managed to get the HTC Hero Kernal code but I do not know how to use it. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

rothgar is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to rothgar

Can you send me a link for the hero kernal? I have never ported linux to a different device but I would love to give it a shot because I use linux daily on my computer. Worth a shot to at least look at it.
VZW Treo 700w
VZW HTC Apache
VZW Motorola Q
VZW Audiovox xv6600

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro