PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 01:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: ClearTalk

NecrozShaman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PRL ClearTalk Carrier HELP :(

Hello everyone,
I currently have my Sprint TP flashed to the ClearTalk Carrier(an obscure carrier that probably NO ONE has ever heard of). I unlocked my phone before I went with ClearTalk and put the Energy custom ROM, but now i want to change to another custom ROM just to try them but im affraid that if i flash in a new ROM im not going to get service anymore and will have to take it back to get re-flashed or something.
As i was trying to flash a SSS-ROM i noticed that it said that my current ROM was 25.Oct.2009 instead of EnergyROM!!
So thats why im affraid to flash a new ROM because what ever they did changed my ROM.

So im guessing that if i extract the PRL that cleartalk uses i can flash in a new ROM and then put in the cleartalk PRL and get service.(I got this hint cuz they guy that activated my phone told me my SPC or MSL = 000000 but he couldnt give my the PRL that cleartalk uses so i could flash it myself :P)

The thing is that im having trouble making QPST to detect my phone. Im trying to follow this guide but i stuck in around STEP 8,
http://natesubra.blogspot.com/2008/0...ul-prl_19.html
Im using QPST 2.7 Build 264,
the WModemDriverInstaller.exe.html from the tutorial page,

If anyone could help me out it be much appreciated. Like if flashing into a new ROM will make me not have service or if im safe? Or if im in the right track with the PRL stuff? And how to get it please.

Oh and Thanks!!! to all the cool people in this forum that are always helping everyone, the chefs, and well everyone you guys have been so much help!! THANKS!! =D
Old 10-28-2009, 10:50 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

NecrozShaman is a n00b
Re: PRL ClearTalk Carrier HELP :(

Anyone? Bump

If this is not the right place to post it sorry, i can move it
Old 10-28-2009, 11:23 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to HTC Touch Pro forum.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:30 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You were able to switch your phone to Clear Talk?! HOLY COW THAT'S AWESOME!!
We have Clear Talk in our area and they have better rates than Sprint and it runs on the CDMA network and there are no contract obligations...

How did you flash your phone to Clear Talk?

The only way you're going to get an answer, I think, is to do it yourself and find out, not many people have your situation
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

NecrozShaman is a n00b

Thanks for the Move, i didnt know if i posted it in the right place :P

Yes man i was able to flash it with Clear Talk, the rates a pretty good and yes i love the no contract. I just asked them if i could active a Sprint Touch Pro phone with them and they said yes, they were just going to charge me the flashing/activation fee.

Yea.. I think i am going it a go an try to flash a new ROM to my phone and pray for the best. If it doesnt work i guess i could take it back and pay the activation fee again :/

I would still appreciate it if someone would give a hand on how to get QPST to detect my phone, so i can get the PRL of cleartalk =D
Old 10-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The prl wont change if you install a custom rom. prl are only included in stock roms. but your data connection information will be changed so you need to save it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:35 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

NecrozShaman is a n00b

HEY IT WORKED!! =D
I just installed a custom rom and i still have signal!
Thanks for the help =D

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro