PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 06:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

SkinsFan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bluetooth: Able To Pair To PC, But Not Headset

I have two Touch Pros. Both can pair with my Bluetooth PC connection, but one (my wife's) is unable to pair with either my Bluetooth headset or car speaker. It "sees" the PC fine under Bluetooth connections and will pair with it, but it cannot "see" the headset or the car speaker, whereas MY TP had absolutey no problem doing so. I have made certain that Bluetooth settings are exactly the same on each phone, and still no success.

Any thoughts? I am running the Sprint stock ROM. The only changes I've made was applying the Audiopara speaker level fix when I first bought it for my wife last Christmas.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP
Re: Bluetooth: Able To Pair To PC, But Not Headset

All I can think of at this time is make sure your TP's bluetooth is not on and in range of your paired devices, while trying to pair your wife TP to the same devices.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
Old 10-23-2009, 08:04 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

SkinsFan is a n00b

Yeah. I made sure the "good" phone's Bluetooth was OFF well before I tried to start pairing the "bad" phone. At first, I thought the Buetooth radio was inoperative, but I am able to connect to the PC. It just can't ever see the speaker or the headset. 'Can't figure it out. The good phone connects every time to anything; the bad phone can't see anything but the PC.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

SkinsFan is a n00b

News flash: I located the Jawbone headset that I bought her for LAST Christmas and she's never used (women!) . It immediately discovered it and it is connected. Now I just need to find out why neither MY Jabra headset nor the Jabra car speaker will connect to HER phone. I've scoured the Jabra site and no help there. Do these Bluetooth devices get to where they will only connect to ONE device? I know they won't connect to two phones simultaneously, but shouldn't she be able to use my speaker in my car when she's driving it?
Old 10-23-2009, 10:07 PM
VIP Member

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

good question, I know my BlueAnt V1 can be paired up to several devices I think up to 8 phones...of course only using one at any given time.. I dont know if Jabra can only be paired to one device or multi devices, cause everytime you try to repair the device, it would just over ride the setting from the last device..have you checked to make sure when you pair the TP is set to visible mode that might help in pairing. I would also think she should be able to see the car jabra system no matter what.

Last edited by Unknown Zone; 10-23-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

SkinsFan is a n00b

Latest news: I had to hard reset the headset and remove it from my Bluetooth devices on my Touch Pro. Then, my wife's TP connected to MY headset. I turned off Bluetooth on her phone, and now I can't get it to re-connect to my phone. Something that previously was as simple as powering both on!

Seriously, it can't be this difficult to use devices on two or more phones! Granted, she'll be using her Jawbone (allegedly) and not my headset, but she WILL be using the Jabra speakerphones in whichever car she will be driving. We can't spend twenty minutes just resetting our phones every time we switch phones!

Am I just stupid and can't figure this out? Is there not some way to make this "automatic" and hassle-free?
Old 10-23-2009, 11:23 PM
VIP Member

I guess it can only be paired to 1 device at a time and not multi devices not like my V1 which can handle 8 paired phones, which I can understand it can be a pain when switching to another phone, you would have to go through the pairing settings all over again.

What is the jabra speakerphone you are talking about....maybe I can do some research about how many devices it can be paired to.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro