PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2009, 10:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6700 => Touch Pro => Droid X
Carrier: VerizonWireless

killerdoberman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon Touch Pro now dead color bars on screen

So, yesterday (10/14/09) I texted my wife to ask about dinner like any other normal day...but this time I didn't recieve anything back for like 10 minutes. So, I checked my phone...this is where things got funky.

I had on my screen white bar with the words "Security Unlocked" across it. Under that was a big red bar, then a green bar, a blue bar, and followed by a white bar.

Other text on the screen was:

RAPH500
SPL-0.40.0000
MicroP-Raph (LED) v8182
MicroP-Raph (KEY) v0682
PSOC-Raph STAGE_EVT v20

I tried soft re-boot, hard re-boot, took the battery out, left battery out for 3 hours and still nothing. The first couple of times I hard reset there was flash of some other words. I tried to read it but it was difficult. What I think it said was, "ROM file not found".

I wasn't trying to upgrade or flash, just using it.

Anyone else have this problem?
Old 10-15-2009, 10:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: Verizon Touch Pro now dead color bars on screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerdoberman View Post
So, yesterday (10/14/09) I texted my wife to ask about dinner like any other normal day...but this time I didn't recieve anything back for like 10 minutes. So, I checked my phone...this is where things got funky.

I had on my screen white bar with the words "Security Unlocked" across it. Under that was a big red bar, then a green bar, a blue bar, and followed by a white bar.

Other text on the screen was:

RAPH500
SPL-0.40.0000
MicroP-Raph (LED) v8182
MicroP-Raph (KEY) v0682
PSOC-Raph STAGE_EVT v20

I tried soft re-boot, hard re-boot, took the battery out, left battery out for 3 hours and still nothing. The first couple of times I hard reset there was flash of some other words. I tried to read it but it was difficult. What I think it said was, "ROM file not found".

I wasn't trying to upgrade or flash, just using it.

Anyone else have this problem?
haven't heard of this happening, but you should be able to fix it by flashing the shipped rom. the screen you are describing is the bootloader screen. just download the shipped rom and connect phone to computer and wait a few seconds for it to say USB on the bottom of the phone screen, then open the shipped rom exe. this will erase everything on your phone though.

if you really want to try to fix it with out flashing the shipped rom, you can try to use mtty. then send a command to the phone to get it to boot.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Verizon Touch Pro now dead color bars on screen

I have read other posts were this has happened. Typically its not a huge deal and its easy to reflash cause the phones already in bootloader mode. Its kinda lame but its technology.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro