PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2009, 10:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

spectheintro is keeping up the good workspectheintro is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Touch Pro 2 could be Better

The TP2 has one HUGE improvement over the TP, and is the primary reason I will purchase it: a SIM slot.

For someone like me, who has family in other countries, being able to take my own mobile with me wherever I go and just drop a new SIM into it is a massive advantage. If it didn't have the SIM, I'd only upgrade if I got it for free/excessively cheap. But the SIM slot has guaranteed my purchase--especially because once we get an HSPL unlocker, then I can use my phone on other US networks if I need to, which is always a plus.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

SolShade is a n00b

Well for a Verizon user like me it's a huge upgrade LOL
Old 10-16-2009, 11:12 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Although the TP2 has many of the same specs as the TP it is still a large improvement over the TP and worthwhile upgrade. From my experiences with both devices, the TP2 is better in the following ways:
1) WAAAAAAAAAAAY better camera!
2) Bigger and better screen
3) Bigger and better keyboard
4) Better video playback, not as choppy as before (note the different chip set)
5) WAAAAAAAAAAAY better build quality. This thing feels solid!
6) Feels more responsive. I have not done benchmark comparisons but it feels snappier.
7) Much improved speaker phone.

I know on paper they look very similar, but in reality they are not. A 528 MHz processor can be quite fast when optimized correctly, the iPhone 3Gs only uses a 600 MHz processor and look how fast it is. My point is that the TP processor was nothing to scoff at, it just needed to be better implemented and optimized, hence the release of the TP2.

Other than that, HTC knows people will buy these devices. But honestly, how many devices are they releasing per carrier? It isn't that many. VZW essentially has two versions of the same phone: one with a hardware kb and one without. Sprint now has the TP2 and will hopefully get a CDMA version of the HD2.

Having handled a TP2 I really cant agree. To be real aside form the size of the screen and the fact that it tilts there really isnt much of a difference to me. That's the only reason I didnt bother to upgrade to it and will wait on a better phone to come out before I decide to use my upgrade. Yea, its nice but just really not worth the upgrade to me. I got one of the later build touch pros and havent had any issues with mine so I really saw no purpose of upgrading just for like a half inch bigger screen. I'll wait to see what else comes out towards the end/beginning of the year.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

If I get it as a replacement, cool, but I will wait. There is a slider Omnia in the works that will give the Leo a run for its money if it doesnt kill it outright. I am on my 2nd TP , and this one works good and no problems for a bit over 6 months now. If it keep up fine, if not, I will be Verizon bound, my contract on both lines has been done since Oct.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 10-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff

All of you stop lying to yourself, The TP2 is better in every-way. This thread was made to make you guys feel better about not upgrading and need assurance that its ok not to upgrade.

Bigger screen/More res with tilt, Bigger KB,Proximity senser, Dual mic/Dual Speakers, WM 6.5 official upgradeable, GSM compatible, Better Battery life, Shoots Vid at 640x480, Real Manila 2.5 port, Its optimized better/faster should I say more...

You guys say it not much of a upgrade LOL!!!

On a side note: The Ram is identical and it takes better Pics (In daylight)

Last edited by gutrrob; 10-16-2009 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:08 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutrrob View Post
All of you stop lying to yourself, The TP2 is better in every-way.
(In daylight)
How well does the flash work on your TP2? I like being able to use it as a flashlight on my TP. Is that better also on the TP2? Thanks
dschoenike

Old 10-16-2009, 02:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
How well does the flash work on your TP2? I like being able to use it as a flashlight on my TP. Is that better also on the TP2? Thanks
dschoenike
the tp2 doesn't have a LED/flashlight.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
the tp2 doesn't have a LED/flashlight.
Really? But gutrrob said it was better in "every" way. Oh wait, i think he meant in "some" ways. Sorry pimpsuprazx, i really knew it didnt have the light/led on the back. I was trying to prove a point that, alot of what's better on a phone, is opinion. Thanks for responding though.
dschoenike
Old 10-16-2009, 02:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Really? But gutrrob said it was better in "every" way. Oh wait, i think he meant in "some" ways. Sorry pimpsuprazx, i really knew it didnt have the light/led on the back. I was trying to prove a point that, alot of what's better on a phone, is opinion. Thanks for responding though.
dschoenike
Oh I gotcha. I agree with you though, what is better on the phone is a matter of the user's personal preference. In my personal opinion, I'm not sure of its the system build(21052) but the phone itself (TP2) run's smoother during normal operations and heavy multi-tasking, better battery life as well. Also speaker is alot louder.

Although there are a few things I miss from my original Touch Pro: They are below.

LED Light on the back
Control and tab button on keyboard
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff

Quote:
dschoenike
Is that the best you can come up with Lol, I have a 2 dollar flashlight that does a better job than the TP. The TP2 don't need led flash because the screen is big enough to light up a room. J/K on the last remark, but really who wants to have $600 phone and there argument is (Well I have led Flash does yours) Lol thats funny you just made my day.

Did I mention the TP2 backlight is much brighter than the TP

Last edited by gutrrob; 10-16-2009 at 04:12 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro