PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 01:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexilexi View Post
LOL I think my screen name might be a little misleading. I'm actually a guy, It is just a nickname from friends "long story"
hahahahaha

aight
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

abdeviation is keeping up the good workabdeviation is keeping up the good work

Got my TP2 today after ordering in in a corporate store on sunday night. After a **** load of getting kicked around, a manager who had at first been as ******* to me turned around and helped me out a lot. He didn't even let me wait in line at the store, soon as he saw me, he called me over to him and ordered me a TP2. Today when i went in, he saw me again and even though the store was crowded, he put me in front of everyone again and gave me me my brand new TP2, with the box and everything. He was actually worried and was constantly apologizing to me.

Love my new TP2!
Old 10-21-2009, 01:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Skelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

So happy to hear about everyone getting them and asurion is the icing on the cake with the unlocker due any min!!!!
Old 10-21-2009, 06:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

How many of you that got your TP1 replaced actually reflashed to the stock rom and relocked you device?

PPCGeeks New User Guide

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2/Diamond

lostcausnjtown is keeping up the good worklostcausnjtown is keeping up the good worklostcausnjtown is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lostcausnjtown Send a message via Yahoo to lostcausnjtown

Mine was relocked but I don't have to send it in.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero

mrfett79 is becoming a great contributor

Ok for those of us not willing to pay $100 for a defective phone that has insurance what options do we have? Will Sprint give us a credit for the cost of the deductible? I don't think that legitimate claims should have to pay to replace their phone. Perhaps this will help the situation with getting the Corp stores to order the "refurbed" phones when they come in if most people are going ahead and paying to replace their phone.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pro

xxthomasxx is a n00b

Just called my local store and this in now IN STOCK and finally able to be ordered! Maybe that is how Asurion is offering it as well. I am in Columbus, Ohio.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2/Diamond

lostcausnjtown is keeping up the good worklostcausnjtown is keeping up the good worklostcausnjtown is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lostcausnjtown Send a message via Yahoo to lostcausnjtown

I had a legitimate claim. My keyboard was fubared. Sprint is giving me a 75 dollar credit after telling them that me paying for a claim on a faulty phone is "bad business". I had several chats with them before they did this. So I only paid 25 bucks. I got tired of the hassle so I just settled with that.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Jackietreehorn is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspitman View Post
HaHa!!

The rep I talked to told me about you!! He said "a guy who picked one up today had replaced four times in a month!"

I asked if any other stores would have them in stock and he said "I gave one away that was never picked up and reordered it, they don't stock in stores"

Then he asked if there was something out there on the web saying that the TP2 was a replacement for the TP... I played dumb but he knew I was full of it.

Anyway, my TP2 is on the way!!
Ahahahahahaha, that is 100% awesome. I didn't think I was a big *** about it or anything, so hopefully (actually, on second thought, I don't particularly care) he wasn't all pissy about me. Was it a pretty big guy that had a Hero (he made a big deal of how he had gotten one and liked it when I was in there).

When I took it in, I just kind of explained all the trouble I've had, and how many times I'd been in recently and such. The techs were able to fix it for the time being, but were ordering the TP2 anyway before they found the one in the back (although this would have been the fourth time since Thursday it was "fixed", so...)

Anyway, congrats on your new phone. Thus far I'm enjoying mine, other than that my old ipod video cable / enable TV Out hack doesn't work anymore. Looking for an alternative there.

Actually, now that I think of it, the Maplewood store has been pretty good to me. They've told me a couple of times that they tested and found nothing wrong when I had completely legit issues, but they've also given me a new (sans box) TP for my fourth replacement, and a NIB TP2 now.

Oh, and I think a Thanks is in order for coming back and posting that, it made my day. lol
Old 10-21-2009, 10:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

homamk is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxthomasxx View Post
Just called my local store and this in now IN STOCK and finally able to be ordered! Maybe that is how Asurion is offering it as well. I am in Columbus, Ohio.
you lucky lucky lucky man! as soon as i saw this, I CALLED RIGHT AWAY! and my area is still OOS he actually said he check the new ones too and those are OOS. just gota keep waiting i guess.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro