PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Who Cares?

Zlatko is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
USB Connection - Only Charges. No Sync/No Disk Detection.

Help me, please.

I have been having this problem now, and it is only getting worse.

No matter WHAT the settings are in the USB to PC in settings/connections tab are, my computer cannot access my phone as either:

-Activesync Device
or
-USB Disk Drive

No matter what i do, it doesn't recognize it..but, the kicker? It still charges the phone..

Has anyone had this, or is anyone currently having this issue? It's really starting to anger me.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:01 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: USB Connection - Only Charges. No Sync/No Disk Detection.

I assume you've rebooted both, tried different usb ports (preferably one never used for the phone before), and different cords.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Zlatko is a n00b

Yes I have.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:03 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

is it recognized in bootloader?
Old 10-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Zlatko is a n00b

It does not seem to see the device during boot.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:59 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

bootloader is different from boot
from pwr off; vol▼ + power
also have you another computer to try?
here's a good post with a very hand tool
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...93&postcount=7
Old 10-08-2009, 03:12 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

It is your cord. I have one that does that. If I set the phone down, then plug in cord, sometimes it will active sync. If I bump the phone or brush against cord by mistake it is all over. Still charges though. Sucks when I am in middle of a rom flash thru cord and it happens.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:43 AM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I'm dealing with a similar issue. Were you previously using Quick Charge? Regardless, I've tested multiple cords, different PCs, and ran ALL of the normal troubleshooting ofr fixing ActievSync issues. Basically, the device stopped charging in the car...then when I docked it, ActiveSync wouldn't recognize it. I put the phone into bootloader and it will not switch from "serial" to "usb", so the only way to flash is via storage card, which works fine.

The device will only charge if connected using the HTC charger or connected to the PC.

I've read warnings of Quick Charge potentially damaging the USB, so I assumed that was the cause of the issue.

I'm going to relock and take in for repair. I even flashed Stock thinking it could be a driver issue, but nothing seems to do it. I'm feeling your pain, dude.

I'd recommend relocking. You'll want to get a card reader for your PC if you go this route, otherwise it's a bit of a pain to download everything to the device. There's a thread here with everything you need.

Good luck!
Old 10-08-2009, 01:05 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

well, I've been running quickcharge since it came out. no problems.
granted, there could be some internal components that burn out on some phones, but I belive they's have the problem with or without fast charge, as the stock charger puts out just as much juice.

yes, typically it's just a cord issue, or a pc usb conflict. but there are many reports of the port just dieing in the phone. that's what TEP is for.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:53 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Anybody tried backing up and hard resetting to see if this will solve the problem?

This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro