PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint hero
Carrier: sprint

98classic is keeping up the good work98classic is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 98classic
Re: I still use 6.1

6.1 is great, too bad no one is updating it anymore. 6.5 start menu sucks, how often do you rearange your program icons? and the start and close uttons on the bottom? thats the ugliest thing ever, uglier than hangover throw up

hero on AOSP 1.6 + googlebits.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Gorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I agree, it definitely comes down to preferences. Once they moved start/close buttons to the bottom, that was a winner for me. I could not undertsnad why I have to reach all the way across the screen to close the application or open a menu. To me it belongs on the bottom. So we definitely disagree there
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6850 TP
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

roghaj is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorby View Post
why I have to reach all the way across the screen
I think I pulled a hamstring doing that.
-Roger
Old 10-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint hero
Carrier: sprint

98classic is keeping up the good work98classic is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to 98classic

lolol
Old 10-07-2009, 04:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Automaton is keeping up the good workAutomaton is keeping up the good work

I tried a Silence ROM built on 6.1. Sure it ran faster, but it also locked up a lot and caused me a lot of grief. Stock = STABLE. Nobody that I know of has built any ROM that's faster and just as stable as the stock one.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
they can keep you from pulling out your hair in frustration when stock decides it wants to be pokey
you mean as opposed to 6.5 which is ALWAYS pokey and crashing?
Maybe I'm just misunderstanding you here...When I hear stock I think of the bloated carrier roms not 6.1. If thats what you mean then I agree custom is the way to go. But that doesn't mean you can't make your own custom 6.1 ROM. I use Calks Kitchen and 21055. If you want a good idea of which is more stable (6.1 or 6.5) just look at the last 10 pages of his kitchen thread and it will be quite apparent which OS has the most issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98classic View Post
6.1 is great, too bad no one is updating it anymore. 6.5 start menu sucks, how often do you rearange your program icons? and the start and close uttons on the bottom? thats the ugliest thing ever, uglier than hangover throw up
6.1 is still being updated...the latest version is 21055. You don't see 6 or 7 new versions out there because most of the bugs have been worked out a long time ago. and MS isn't going to spend a lot of resources working on an OS they intend to replace in a few months.

I have stuck with 6.1 because I need the phone to work all the time. I'm not saying 6.5 is a bad OS it's just not ready enough for my needs. Sure it has a few bells and whistles but as far as functionality it really doesn't add that much! Scrolling? Titanium? Honeycomb? (I think thats actually a downgrade! LOL). Is that worth the dialer issues, need to use a fix for Manila, plus all the other problems people are having playing with unofficial betas? Maybe for some but not for me.

At some point 6.5 will gain stability and I will migrate to it.
But until that day 6.1 does everything I need the phone to do without issue. Until 6.5 allows the phone to do something significant I can't do now (like better video drivers for better games) I will stick with what works most reliably.
And that I have to say is 6.1
Old 10-07-2009, 05:48 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyx View Post
you mean as opposed to 6.5 which is ALWAYS pokey and crashing?
Maybe I'm just misunderstanding you here...When I hear stock I think of the bloated carrier roms not 6.1. If thats what you mean then I agree custom is the way to go. But that doesn't mean you can't make your own custom 6.1 ROM. I use Calks Kitchen and 21055. If you want a good idea of which is more stable (6.1 or 6.5) just look at the last 10 pages of his kitchen thread and it will be quite apparent which OS has the most issues.
yes, by "stock" i mean the carrier's roms. anything else is a custom rom, be it 6.1, 6.5, or 6.5.1...
Old 10-07-2009, 06:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

Gorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by roghaj View Post
I think I pulled a hamstring doing that.
-Roger
carpal tunnel
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:03 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

I'm actually contemplating going to mightyrom 4.16. I've been trying mr6, my first custom rom, but it's obvious my reception has gone down, and I'm not alone. I PM'd mighty mike but judging by the views on that thread of his, I bet I'm in a long line.

So yeah, I'm debating in my mind to go back to 6.1 from 6.5. I like the kinetic scrolling.

Old 10-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

LoWw is just getting started

Funny I found this thread cause I just flashed back to stock due to abnormal behavior by my touch after flashing 6.5 roms.... I must admit it I do like the stock..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro