PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 02:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

saiyen2012 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
word completion problem

hello everyone i'm having a problem with the word completion feature once my keyboard is opened. A black line now pops up and once i start to type on the keyboard it starts to complete words in the black line that ends up spelling the wrong words and it driving my nuts right now. I searched b4 i started this thread. I hope i gave a good enough description for all to understand. if not i was told that their is a software out there that would allow me to take a pic of my phones screen. if anyway knows the name of the software i will get it so i can take a pic and upload. i don't want to hard reset my phone i just did that a few days ago to get my picmail to work and i've already installed all of my favorite programs back on and i don't want to do that again anytime soon. i went to the options and word completion and tried to change the option to get it back to normal. i had this problem once b4 when i had the mogul and me going into the word completion option while looking at another moguls option fixed the problem. I tried that with the touch pro but no luck. If i placed this in the wrong area I'm sorry. please don't delete and move it to the right area thanks in advance.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Sprint
Carrier: Verizon

lunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: word completion problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiyen2012 View Post
hello everyone i'm having a problem with the word completion feature once my keyboard is opened. A black line now pops up and once i start to type on the keyboard it starts to complete words in the black line that ends up spelling the wrong words and it driving my nuts right now...
Sounds like you've got T9 turned on. It would help to know more about the ROM you're running (stock? custom?) and which keyboard you're using (soft or hardware keyboard)...

If it's the hardware keyboard, try hitting the 'Fn' + spacbar buttons, this should toggle T9 word completion.

If you're using the software keyboard when this happens, look for the T-9 / ABC button on the far left, lower side of the display and toggle to 'ABC'

That should get you going. If not, then you'll definitely have to get way more specific about your setup.
Radio: 1.12.34F
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

saiyen2012 is a n00b
Re: word completion problem

thanks for the quick reply. i'm using stock rom. hardkeyboardi just tried your method. thanks alot now let me go and hit that thank you button.

Last edited by saiyen2012; 10-03-2009 at 03:55 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro