PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WHEN to hard reset on a custom ROM?

I tried searching, but the phrase "hard reset" just appears too many times. My question is after flashing a custom ROM, do you do the obligatory second hard reset only after you've done the initial setup (screen alignment/auto app installs) or can you just hard reset right after the flashing is done and it's sitting on the "tap to begin using device" screen? I've always gone through the entire setup and configuration and THEN done the second hard reset before considering the ROM update done, but I've never seen whether or not that's necessary. Thoughts?
Old 10-02-2009, 04:14 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Re: WHEN to hard reset on a custom ROM?

I say go through the config then do it. better safe than sorry.

DONT BE SO LAZY! lol

Old 10-02-2009, 08:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

I follow the procedures posted by a member here that involve flashing with no battery and before you even turn it on for the first time after inserting the battery. may be a bit superstitious, but I never have any of those mystery problems that are caused by stuff still in flash from last rom...
Old 10-02-2009, 09:47 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

no me either. i have had some strange problems but it ended up being a common problem. this is what i do.
1 flash rom
2 let it boot up and set it up
3 try out the rom for a bit and get some settings in (only becuase i forget to hard reset)
4 finally realize i didnt hard reset and then just go into the settings and click clear storage and then 1234 and BOOM

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro