PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 07:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

typex is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Final Build # wm 6.5 final

I keep reading how Oct 6 htc will release first phones with wm 6.5
So this tells us the final build of wm 6.5 is out so how come all I see is beta cooked roms on here? And what is the final build number does anyone know
Old 10-01-2009, 07:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: Final Build # wm 6.5 final

Quote:
Originally Posted by typex View Post
I keep reading how Oct 6 htc will release first phones with wm 6.5
So this tells us the final build of wm 6.5 is out so how come all I see is beta cooked roms on here? And what is the final build number does anyone know
I have heard it will be 21828 or 218xx.. not sure though.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:37 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
I have heard it will be 21828 or 218xx.. not sure though.
Indagroove is up to 21859 on his custom roms... its rock solid. 218xx seems reasonable, but who knows, they could make it into the 219xx range
Old 10-01-2009, 10:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

But isn't 23414 a higher build than 218xx?
Old 10-01-2009, 10:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron238 View Post
But isn't 23414 a higher build than 218xx?
the build number really doesn't matter, there is thread somewhere that explains it. for official releases htc/carriers/MS tend to use tried and true builds for official releases.. though when you look at the stock sprint rom, it isnt really clear why.. lol
Old 10-01-2009, 01:29 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

huh .... where to start ..... ok there are several test 6.5 roms out for the tp2 and the diamond 2 .... what you would wanna look for are carrier roms ..... I have a Telstra rom that has 21849 I also have a ATT warhark rom that is 21828 wm6.5 was rtm'd at 21234 the development of oem\carrier roms picked up in two different development groups which are com2 and com3 most of the beta\test releases from htc come from 218xx which is from the com2 development of 6.5 which is based from the rtm build which is finished most if any changes to this branch will come from a "dog food" development group known as 219xx. Now the other builds you see are from com3 and 4 these builds are what most will call 6.5.1 this is where the 219xx meets 23xxx and introduces the much more finger friendly UI .... so to shortly sum this up there are 2 or more active development groups of 6.5 the most finished build I think you will see will come from the 218xx line which you may already have ........

Last edited by jakdillard; 10-01-2009 at 02:02 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:39 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Just to reiterate very plainly: There is no FINAL build. They keep working on and improving it, and the OEMs and carriers will pick from what's available when developing their latest ROM update. So while there may be something we could consider the first in the final line, realistically there's no one build that is THE final one.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:47 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
Just to reiterate very plainly: There is no FINAL build. They keep working on and improving it, and the OEMs and carriers will pick from what's available when developing their latest ROM update. So while there may be something we could consider the first in the final line, realistically there's no one build that is THE final one.
TurboFool is correct, there is no final build just a 1st release build. The final build that microsoft will support will be released in february.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work

Here is an article that explains the different code lines.
http://www.fuzemobility.com/whats-behind-that-build/
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro