PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 08:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

erockvr6 is keeping up the good workerockvr6 is keeping up the good workerockvr6 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question I need some help w/ my sprint TP, kind of in a pickle

so im havin a prob w/ my phone charging, i bought a new battery to replace the one that wouldnt charge, so i put in the new one and it was about a 70% charge so i put it on the charger and it started charging, about a minute later the LED charger light just went out and it stopped charging, so i unplugged it and plugged it back in and it started charging, but again after about 2 mins it stopped. so i figured it was still charging and i just left it on the charger all nite, this morn the bat is pretty much dead and now i need to reflash to stock but i dont kno if i can since its below 50%. any suggestions on how to charge the battery or how to reflash, do u think its my charging port?
Old 09-25-2009, 09:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP
Re: I need some help w/ my sprint TP, kind of in a pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by erockvr6 View Post
so im havin a prob w/ my phone charging, i bought a new battery to replace the one that wouldnt charge, so i put in the new one and it was about a 70% charge so i put it on the charger and it started charging, about a minute later the LED charger light just went out and it stopped charging, so i unplugged it and plugged it back in and it started charging, but again after about 2 mins it stopped. so i figured it was still charging and i just left it on the charger all nite, this morn the bat is pretty much dead and now i need to reflash to stock but i dont kno if i can since its below 50%. any suggestions on how to charge the battery or how to reflash, do u think its my charging port?
Possibly. I see you ruled out a bad battery. What about a bad charger? Also, try charging it via your PC USB port...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

erockvr6 is keeping up the good workerockvr6 is keeping up the good workerockvr6 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
Possibly. I see you ruled out a bad battery. What about a bad charger? Also, try charging it via your PC USB port...
ive tried my mogul charger and my touch pro charger, i dont think its the charger, i had it plugged in to the computer as Activesync and it syncs up and charges for about a min or two then stops and activesync stops, when i do it as a removable disc it reads the memory card and charges and stops. I'm leaning towards the port on the Touch Pro, how do i flash back to stock w/ only about 20-30% battery left, or how do i charge the battery w/o the phone
Old 09-25-2009, 09:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Flash it via SD card. I doubt it will complain about battery life then.

Getting the battery charged might be another issue though.
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazell View Post
Flash it via SD card. I doubt it will complain about battery life then.

Getting the battery charged might be another issue though.
Thanks, i think i will do that, since i cant flash via usb anyway, everytime i tried last nite w/ charged battery it kept showing serial on the boot loader screen, never went to usb, which also makes me think the port is bad
Old 09-25-2009, 10:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel RIP

arbdef is just getting started

I had that happen on my 6700. Something that worked was I used a little bit of mass air flow sensor cleaner (aka electronics cleaner) and it cleaned off the pins making it so I could charge/sync again. Sometimes garbage builds up on the pins and a cleaning is all it needs. If that doesn't work is there a crack on the board where the usb plugs in?

You can get a can of the sensor cleaner at any auto parts store.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbdef View Post
I had that happen on my 6700. Something that worked was I used a little bit of mass air flow sensor cleaner (aka electronics cleaner) and it cleaned off the pins making it so I could charge/sync again. Sometimes garbage builds up on the pins and a cleaning is all it needs. If that doesn't work is there a crack on the board where the usb plugs in?

You can get a can of the sensor cleaner at any auto parts store.
i will def try that, i did notice some gunk build up in there, nothing real bad, but i didnt think it would matter, i will def try that, also does anyone kno about the flashing via sd and having low battery, will it work?
Old 09-25-2009, 10:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel RIP

arbdef is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by erockvr6 View Post
i will def try that, i did notice some gunk build up in there, nothing real bad, but i didnt think it would matter, i will def try that, also does anyone kno about the flashing via sd and having low battery, will it work?

I guess i should mention this but take your battery out before doing that and give it a minute to dry out. Im sure you knew that but still
Old 09-25-2009, 10:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbdef View Post
I guess i should mention this but take your battery out before doing that and give it a minute to dry out. Im sure you knew that but still
haha, ya thanks
Old 09-27-2009, 02:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17289; U; en))

if your considering flashing back to stocked so you can take to sprint,i believe you will need stock shipped rom which cant be flashed via sd(im pretty sure of this)but it doesnt take long so if this is the case you might wanna lock it first and then flash stock shipped rom.also im pretty sure you dont wanna wait but you can buy a cradlle charger with 2nd battery slot for like $10-$15.gl and i hope some of this will help

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro