PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 12:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

damendaman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Renaming "Outlook E-mail"

After multiple searches I need to ask for some simple help, and hopefully a simple answer.

With the great news of Push Gmail working I have set it all up and it is working like a charm! However I cannot for the life of me figure out how to rename the account to something other than "Outlook E-mail".

Sorry if its an easy thing but I cannot figure it out.

Also, if there is any way to edit the default Microsoft Outlook image that shows on the e-mail tab to a custom one, guessing it would involve registry edits or something, please let me know!

Thanks in advance,
Damen
Old 09-25-2009, 12:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler
Re: Renaming "Outlook E-mail"

You need a resource editor to hack the *.dll files and poutlook.exe. I'm not aware of any pocket resource editor, but I use ResEdit on the desktop. I don't really want to spend a couple of days telling you exactly what to edit, on what line, and the values to enter, so I leave that to you. I know of, and know how to use) tools to alter application displays, but I'm not going to do research regarding editing applications if the use is very limited, and I am uncompensated.
Baseband: UCKJ3
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 - I997RUXG3-CL366622 user@netbook #Infusion-GB-CoreA
Old 09-25-2009, 11:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

damendaman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_semler View Post
You need a resource editor to hack the *.dll files and poutlook.exe. I'm not aware of any pocket resource editor, but I use ResEdit on the desktop. I don't really want to spend a couple of days telling you exactly what to edit, on what line, and the values to enter, so I leave that to you. I know of, and know how to use) tools to alter application displays, but I'm not going to do research regarding editing applications if the use is very limited, and I am uncompensated.
So there is no one who has made, or can make, a cab to do all of this? It is not something that is killing me but I wouldn't mind changing the name to something more correct.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler

Not that I am aware of. Considering it would take several hours to do this, (narrow down the *.dll associated with ActiveSync/Exchange), edit it, save it, and edit the poutlook.exe to have the application image you want, it is rather time consuming to do so. After editing the necessary files, you would need to halt poutlook.exe, and import your edited files. After that, you will need to reset your TP.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:09 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to the Touch Pro Forum.

late,
Coz
Old 09-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

damendaman is a n00b

Hm, don't know why.

This doesn't really have anything specific about the Touch Pro in it, it is about things in windows mobile.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

tcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on rep

In stead of reverse engineering a dll you could just change the registry value that contains the name of the ActiveSync mail account. Change this key to whatever you want it to be called.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Svc\ActiveSync
FriendlyName = "Outlook E-mail"
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:38 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

damendaman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcbusch View Post
In stead of reverse engineering a dll you could just change the registry value that contains the name of the ActiveSync mail account. Change this key to whatever you want it to be called.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Svc\ActiveSync
FriendlyName = "Outlook E-mail"
Thanks a million! This was the easy fix I was looking for, not sure why the other guy made it seem so difficult.

Problem solved
Old 09-30-2009, 10:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

c4400 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by damendaman View Post
Thanks a million! This was the easy fix I was looking for, not sure why the other guy made it seem so difficult.

Problem solved
He wanted to be "compensated" for hours and hours of work that a reg edit could do. He must work for the government. :-p

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro