PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 04:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: verizon

stuart628 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Manila 2.5 VGA FULL SCREEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
I believe this Manila 2.5 ROM is GSM but have no idea if it will work for the vzn tp:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=493657
yeah I know I am just saying that when it gets ported to cdma, I dont think Vz TP will run it, if it does it wont be smooth as TF3d has to be run without tachi dialer for me to get a good usage out of it.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

spiralspirit is becoming a great contributor

absolutely beautiful.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:26 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

HTC really wants to get rid of Windows Mobile It's such a bad OS for skilling with TF3d. Someday, they'll just ship an android rom for the Touch* series. Er, wait...
Old 09-25-2009, 06:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart628 View Post
yeah I know I am just saying that when it gets ported to cdma, I dont think Vz TP will run it, if it does it wont be smooth as TF3d has to be run without tachi dialer for me to get a good usage out of it.
I use TF3D on a Verizon TP and have absoloutly no issues keeping tachi dialer...

You simply need to reduce the pagepool of your ROM to 12 or less.
a pagepool of 8 is probably suggested for running TF3D2.5 though.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Apache
Carrier: verizon

juliend is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyx View Post
I use TF3D on a Verizon TP and have absoloutly no issues keeping tachi dialer...

You simply need to reduce the pagepool of your ROM to 12 or less.
a pagepool of 8 is probably suggested for running TF3D2.5 though.
Exactly. Start with a clean stable rom and 6 or 8mb pagepool. I'm currently running 9 and an SSK rom. Works great with TF3D and Tachi dailer. More ram would be better, naturally, but you have enough to work with if you don't go overboard on the apps.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

What rom are you using ?

I'm using the JMZ rom w/ 2.5 and then use the Rotastrains fullscreen cfc uncompresses.cab but, the start bar on the botttom never goes away so I cannot get to the slider? What am I doing wrong? Wrong fullscreen cab? On the page you link to for the fullscreen cab it says to "terminate the manila fix"

wtf does that mean?
Old 09-26-2009, 04:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vintercept™
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile
Threadstarter

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
What rom are you using ?

I'm using the JMZ rom w/ 2.5 and then use the Rotastrains fullscreen cfc uncompresses.cab but, the start bar on the botttom never goes away so I cannot get to the slider? What am I doing wrong? Wrong fullscreen cab? On the page you link to for the fullscreen cab it says to "terminate the manila fix"

wtf does that mean?
I used JMZ's rom also and didn't terminate the manila fix. I closed manila in settings>home screen, installed cab, reset, and had to use file explorer to search for a manila .exe to restart tf3d to re-enable settings>home tf3d. Hope this helps. Sounds like they are working on a simple cab install for manila 2.5 with full screen and other mods
Old 09-26-2009, 05:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Is JMZ's Rom useable? Last time i tried it was way slow and had lots of bugs
Old 09-27-2009, 01:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vintercept™
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile
Threadstarter

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmug View Post
Is JMZ's Rom useable? Last time i tried it was way slow and had lots of bugs
I only put the rom on my phone to see if the full screen would even work so I dont really know. It seems that JMZ's ported version of manila 2.5 vga is a few weeks old but they are gonna release a new cab install soon thats 100% ported, with full screen , and other mods! I cant wait!

Last edited by one80oneday; 09-27-2009 at 01:39 AM.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

spiralspirit is becoming a great contributor

I would totally try a rom other than DCD or Mighty just to try this. This is huge. Its like when my mogul got manilla - completely changed how I used the device. This looks much better than titanium.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro