PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2009, 02:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: verizon touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

richards108 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
thinking of ebaying my tp

so thinking of ebaying my tp to get money to buy a tp2. do u guys think i should leave the mighty rom 4 im running now on the phone or should i put the stock vzw rom back on the phone?
Old 09-19-2009, 03:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: thinking of ebaying my tp

Definitly put it back to stock and relock or the end buyer could have issues getting it activated.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

richards108 is a n00b

i work for vzw activating shouldnt be a prob but then again u never know with our act system.. i def can see were ur commming from. i was just thinking maybe i could get more out of it bc of the rom already being loaded?
Old 09-19-2009, 05:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by richards108 View Post
i work for vzw activating shouldnt be a prob but then again u never know with our act system.. i def can see were ur commming from. i was just thinking maybe i could get more out of it bc of the rom already being loaded?
you could offer to put a custom rom on it depending on what the winner of the auction wants, IE. Phone comes stock, rom can be upgraded if requested, any questions please message me.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

richards108 is a n00b

good call i like it lol
Old 09-19-2009, 05:55 PM
VIP Member

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
good call i like it lol
lol I've done it, it makes a buyer feel like your going out on a limb for them, all i ask is for a thank lmao
Old 09-19-2009, 06:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Activating by phone wouldn't be the issue but you never know how some buyer intends to do it...

If they run into the anal retentive store tech he will look to see if the phone is a verizon phone before he even checks the esn and tell the guy he can't activate it.

Just make sure you tell the buyer the deal...
Just don't take for granted that all ebay buyers are as slick or knowing about the phones as we are! My guess is half the bidders will even ask you to explain what a custom rom is! LOL Some might even think they will get free calls iof they buy it! LOL
Old 09-19-2009, 07:26 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyx View Post
Activating by phone wouldn't be the issue but you never know how some buyer intends to do it...

If they run into the anal retentive store tech he will look to see if the phone is a verizon phone before he even checks the esn and tell the guy he can't activate it.

Just don't take for granted that all ebay buyers are as slick or knowing about the phones as we are! My guess is half the bidders will even ask you to explain what a custom rom is! LOL Some might even think they will get free calls iof they buy it! LOL
half the buyers? more like 80% lol, they think it has a flux capacitor built in
Old 09-19-2009, 08:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

richards108 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyx View Post

lol yea i wouldnt think most ebays would even know what a rom is i guess i just though a person looking for a tp would be a lil more of a techy and find extra value in the rom already being flashed?
Old 09-20-2009, 12:50 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
lol yea i wouldnt think most ebays would even know what a rom is i guess i just though a person looking for a tp would be a lil more of a techy and find extra value in the rom already being flashed?
I could see where your coming from, but like asphyx said, they could take it to a really like "by the book" store, and they may not do it because its not an actual verizon rom, but my question is, how come they can't just call over the phone and do it themselves?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro