PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 01:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler
Re: thinking of ebaying my tp

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
my question is, how come they can't just call over the phone and do it themselves?
The same reason that there is still a PC repair industry. People are either too stupid, or too lazy, to learn to do it themselves.
Baseband: UCKJ3
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 - I997RUXG3-CL366622 user@netbook #Infusion-GB-CoreA
Old 09-20-2009, 08:32 AM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

I just sold two TPs on eBay and both buys wanted me to confirm the phone was unlocked. Seems odd, if the understood "unlocked" then you would think they would understand they could do it themselves.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_semler View Post
The same reason that there is still a PC repair industry. People are either too stupid, or too lazy, to learn to do it themselves.
lmao you guys are horrible.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: verizon touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon
Threadstarter

richards108 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
I could see where your coming from, but like asphyx said, they could take it to a really like "by the book" store, and they may not do it because its not an actual verizon rom, but my question is, how come they can't just call over the phone and do it themselves?
they can as long as they have access to the account . . with vzw u can even change esns online
Old 09-20-2009, 12:40 PM
VIP Member

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by richards108 View Post
they can as long as they have access to the account . . with vzw u can even change esns online
maybe you should add that to the auction as well, something like no need to take to verizon store, you can do it yourself online @ (The link where they could do it)
Old 09-20-2009, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: verizon touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon
Threadstarter

richards108 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Duck View Post
I just sold two TPs on eBay and both buys wanted me to confirm the phone was unlocked. Seems odd, if the understood "unlocked" then you would think they would understand they could do it themselves.
jw how much did u sell them for?
Old 09-20-2009, 02:28 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
jw how much did u sell them for?
fair point, I done 3 tp's and one diamond on ebay with ease myself.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

Quote:
lol yea i wouldnt think most ebays would even know what a rom is i guess i just though a person looking for a tp would be a lil more of a techy and find extra value in the rom already being flashed?
i would say (too late though since you posted already) put it to stock, and post all the stock apps, and functions. people see unlocked and think it means they can take to any carrier and that is all it means. I have been on ebay last few days watching items trying to catch the cheapest possible. I for one don't care weather it has 6.1 or 6.5 or what features it has. As long as it is a sprint version and not the memory handicapped Verizon one since I will unlock and flash myself anyway. My screen dances, even checking the ones listed as broken, for flashing or parts only, bad esn since once it hits cricket, it's done labeled with a bad esn. You can't always assume what the buyer wants, or what they plan to do with it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro