PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 12:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4g
Carrier: sprint

turdlarsen is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
how do i remove old program link in "Launch program"

After I delete a program, it tends to leave a link in the"launch program" page. How can I remove this? I can't seem to find the answer w/ the search function. Cheers!
Old 09-14-2009, 01:40 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Carrier: Sprint

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra
Re: how do i remove old program link in "Launch program"

are you talking about the programs folder under the start menu?
if so, you can open your file explorer and go to /windows/start menu/programs and delete the shortcuts of your choice
Old 09-14-2009, 02:03 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

turdlarsen is a n00b

No, its the "launch programs" list when I use the touch flo interface and i press "all programs" instead of a program icon
Old 09-14-2009, 02:11 PM
the World Watcher

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

oh
hmm, i always thought those were linked to the start menu programs?
i don't use touchflo so i don't know how much help i can be in that department, but make sure there isn't an orphaned shortcut in your start menu that's causing it to be there
Old 09-14-2009, 08:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

studentjunk is keeping up the good workstudentjunk is keeping up the good work

It's been a while since I used touchflo, but one of the soft keys should be 'delete', or 'remove' or something like that. I think it's the right bottom of screen.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MoPho

krnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to krnfrk6663 Send a message via MSN to krnfrk6663 Send a message via Yahoo to krnfrk6663

Go to the programs area on the TF3D and click remove on the bottom right, and it should put and circled 'x' or something of that sort in the corner of every icon. Push on it like you're activating it, and the spot will go blank. Deleted.

**Edit Below**
I think I misread. Either way, just find the file folder of the deleted program, it usually leavese something behind in Mydevice/ application data, or program files. I believe, but I could be wrong, it searches all folders, sort of like the picture album does.

Last edited by krnfrk6663; 09-14-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:44 PM
the World Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnfrk6663 View Post
Go to the programs area on the TF3D and click remove on the bottom right, and it should put and circled 'x' or something of that sort in the corner of every icon. Push on it like you're activating it, and the spot will go blank. Deleted.
he's talking about the program list after you push the "all programs" softkey
Old 09-14-2009, 09:46 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

I dont think hes talking about the Program shortcuts tab.
I think he means when he pushes the left softkey (All Programs) that its still listed in there.
I figured if you deleted the shortcut from
Windows/Start Menu/Programs
it would remove it. Also make sure there isnt a secondary shortcut under just
Windows/Start Menus
Those are the ones that show in the dropdown start menu in 6.1

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 09-15-2009, 01:13 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

turdlarsen is a n00b

Yearn,
Thats right, its the program list that scrolls up and down after you hit "all programs" on the left bottom corner. The remnant icons have disappeared but i have doubles of some...even the "file explorer". Tried looking at windows/start/blah but no doubles there....strange

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro