PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 10:57 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: GET VERIZON TO ADD NEW ESN! Read inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
Did U read what I said about the key? The TS got lucky. whether he had a story or not. Verizon will add his phone.

Are U saying that if he did not say that he bought a unbranded CDMA from HTC, Verizon will not add his phone?
They have pretty much locked this thing down. The changed the system so TS cannot add your code. I have tried many times in the last few weeks and have even told a particulary cool rep exactly what I was doing. He escalated and came back with the same story: bring your phone in to the store so they can send it out for programming.

Don't get fooled. They just send back a rejection letter.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

maelstrom is a n00b

Ummm, does Verizon even use ESNs? When i switched over my Sprint TP to Verizon, I never had to call them. I followed the guide in these forums and then called up the number to activate it just like switching phones. It was no problem and I never had to have anyone authorize it. I dont understand what code is being spoken of.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:59 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

In the old days - like February when I moved my first of many Sprint phones to Verizon, you could dial *228, select option #3 and it would add your phone to the network. Since then they have added in a system to check to make sure that the MEID / ESN is in the range that were made specifically for Verizon. No matter what approach you take, they cannot help you.

Anyone who has a Sprint phone and activates a different phone will also not be able to get it back on the network. This happened to me last night when I decided to try out a touch pro 2.

I had managers in support who were very willing to try for me and could not force it in to the system.

Sad day. Sad day.

Anyone want to buy a Sprint Touch Pro programmed for Verizon???
Old 10-01-2009, 12:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

maelstrom is a n00b

I had the same problem. It took me 2 weeks to get this corrected, but they added my ESN. I spoke with a lot of different reps. I was told by several people that it would take 24-48 hours. However no one seemed to file the correct ticket. I finally spoke with some tech support people after getting furious on the phone, and they got it corrected in 24 hours. Now my phone that was working on their network for close to a year, is now working on VZW again.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

joeli is a n00b

Sweet. Just called in with the suggested strategy and worked like a charm. Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro