PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 05:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)
Carrier: Sprint

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s
Anyone else use LogMeIn??

For those who don't know LogMeIn is a very good free remote desktop service, though I am still trying to figure out how to get it running on my TP. I don't understand why they make a dedicated app for the Iphone but not us, but I digress. supposedly I'd have to use Internet Explorer and go to a special "PDA friendly" link to use the service from my TP. The problem is that when I enter remote desktop mode, the computer's screen doesn't come up it has the big FlashPlayer 9 icon.....but I thought our phones, well no phones could use flash?
Old 09-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Anyone else use LogMeIn??

From what I heard the iPhone app costs money..and iPhone users just use the web based one for free.

I used it just fine on my Mogul all the time, but on the Touch Pro it acts up... I think the last time I tried it, it let me click on stuff, but not type or something. I switched over to using VNC.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
From what I heard the iPhone app costs money..and iPhone users just use the web based one for free.

I used it just fine on my Mogul all the time, but on the Touch Pro it acts up... I think the last time I tried it, it let me click on stuff, but not type or something. I switched over to using VNC.
what's VNC, is that an app that can work with Logmein, or is that an entirely different service?? I couldn't figure out how to get the Remote Desktop application that comes with the phone to work so I wanted to see if I could get Logmein to work with it since that's what I use with all my computers.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You could also use RDC which is included on most ROMs (except stock...). If you use VPN + Resco Explorer then you'll be able to even get your files from your computer in addition to RDC.

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 09-07-2009, 08:16 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

I've been using Logmein for a few years, and love it. I've tried the Remote Desktop client on the phone, but I didn't like it as much as logmein. Also, I much prefer logmein on Pocket Internet Explorer rather than Opera. It's much better to use.

On a side note to comment on the original posters comment, that's one of my biggest frustrations. everyone wants to create an app for the iPhone, but not for Windows Mobile. WTF?? Just because the Logmein app costs money, doesn't mean it's useless. I even see companies advertise apps for the iPhone, but their WM app is not at all advertised. A bit upsetting...
Old 09-08-2009, 01:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixjn View Post
You could also use RDC which is included on most ROMs (except stock...). If you use VPN + Resco Explorer then you'll be able to even get your files from your computer in addition to RDC.
I have RDC but have no idea how to use it.
I'll have to look up this VPN and Resco Explorer (are they free??)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
I've been using Logmein for a few years, and love it. I've tried the Remote Desktop client on the phone, but I didn't like it as much as logmein. Also, I much prefer logmein on Pocket Internet Explorer rather than Opera. It's much better to use.

On a side note to comment on the original posters comment, that's one of my biggest frustrations. everyone wants to create an app for the iPhone, but not for Windows Mobile. WTF?? Just because the Logmein app costs money, doesn't mean it's useless. I even see companies advertise apps for the iPhone, but their WM app is not at all advertised. A bit upsetting...
Yeah it's complete BS that everything Apple makes gets coddled and companies just drop everything their doing to make stuff for them

I don't think I have Pocket Internet Explorer, where would I get that?? I have the normal Internet Explorer but I remember reading somewhere that it was the same thing as "PIE"
Old 09-08-2009, 01:57 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

You just need to set your Internet Exlorer settings to the opposite of what they are set on. Mobile instead of desktop, I believe. Then. LogMeIn should work just fine for you. Just ue Remote Control mode.

I've been using it on and off, for the last couple years.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by santod; 09-08-2009 at 02:00 AM.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
You just need to set your Internet Exlorer settings to the opposite of what they are set on. Mobile instead of desktop, I believe. Then. LogMeIn should work just fine for you. Just ue Remote Control mode.

I've been using it on and off, for the last couple years.
that turns it into Pocket Internet Explorer?? or just able to run LogMeIn??
Old 09-08-2009, 02:54 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

That makes it so you can run LogMeIn.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
That makes it so you can run LogMeIn.
Ah thank you my good man, I'll give that a try. But even if it doesn't work (not to doubt you), you still got two thanks hits from it .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro