PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2009, 11:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

ulysses is keeping up the good workulysses is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ulysses
PIM restore

i remember reading somewhere there was a trick to restoring txt backups made through PIM backup so it shows the convos correctly.
anyone remember what it is?

thanks,
-u
Old 09-06-2009, 11:46 AM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck
Re: PIM restore

Take a look here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=299705

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:47 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

yeah, turn off your threaded txt messaging until after its restored ur messages... then turn threading back on....

the issue was they were not being put in order.... follow above and youll be golden
Old 09-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

thanks guys! i have some txt from the exwife, and my lawyer said to keep them.
then me being the geek i am, i flashed a new rom. (i didn't want to wait till after the hearing on tuesday, lol)

thanks!
-u
Old 09-06-2009, 12:09 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

you can use the pictbridge hack that nuerom figured out to print those messages if u have a compatible printer via Jetcet Print...

fyi, your cell phone cant go into the court room... not if it has a camera and not in alot states anyways.. its not allowed... if its evidence, it has to go through the police, be cataloged as evidence and admitted by the judge...

you cant just walk a phone in and show messages... afterall they could be messages you made up...

print em out, if u want them to be usable in court.... your lawyer shouldve been on top of that
Old 09-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
you can use the pictbridge hack that nuerom figured out to print those messages if u have a compatible printer via Jetcet Print...

fyi, your cell phone cant go into the court room... not if it has a camera and not in alot states anyways.. its not allowed... if its evidence, it has to go through the police, be cataloged as evidence and admitted by the judge...

you cant just walk a phone in and show messages... afterall they could be messages you made up...

print em out, if u want them to be usable in court.... your lawyer shouldve been on top of that
yeah, i restored it all, then i just exported it, put it on a thumb drive, and took it to kinkos (my printer's out of ink).
and we're keeping a long list of things she's been doing, it's not just the txt, lol.

thanks though

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro