PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 07:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

charleslongsr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Im having the worst luck ever with my TP

Ok guys, I just received a replacement for my REPLACEMENT TP earlier this week. Well, I replaced the last one b/c it was running extremely slow. Well, the replacement to the replacement is now acting up. The phone runs fast, but the keyboard started to do what it wanted. It would work one minute but not the next, but now its not working at all. I am so unhappy with this TP. I just wish that I could get a new phone, this is some BULL MESS for real. Whats sad is that I havent even mailed off the last phone that was crap. So now im thinking that I am going to take them both to in sprint tomorrow and just see they can figure it out b/c at this point im sick of this. Is there anything that they can do? Thanks guys
Old 09-02-2009, 07:37 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck
Re: Im having the worst luck ever with my TP

I was call and talk to retentions... or stop by a "real" Sprint store... Demand a new one... if it does not work the first time them try again and again.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

chuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by charleslongsr View Post
Ok guys, I just received a replacement for my REPLACEMENT TP earlier this week. Well, I replaced the last one b/c it was running extremely slow. Well, the replacement to the replacement is now acting up. The phone runs fast, but the keyboard started to do what it wanted. It would work one minute but not the next, but now its not working at all. I am so unhappy with this TP. I just wish that I could get a new phone, this is some BULL MESS for real. Whats sad is that I havent even mailed off the last phone that was crap. So now im thinking that I am going to take them both to in sprint tomorrow and just see they can figure it out b/c at this point im sick of this. Is there anything that they can do? Thanks guys
Alltel has a policy that if you get 3 warranty refurb phones that dont work they will give you a new one. I actually got them to do that after 2, I'd say just call in and be angry but respectful. Most of the time the CSR on the other end has the ability to give you a new phone, they just dont want to. If your upset but nice they may decide to be nice in return.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

charleslongsr is a n00b

Thanks guys, see thats why I posted, I didnt even think about a new phone, I just know that im pissed and unhappy with my touch pro. Well, I like it but it freakin sucks when you cant use the keyboard especially if thats why you bought it over a diamond. I have a sprint store around the corner from my house, ill call them up tomorrow. I mean it makes phone calls and all, but no text unless I use the virtual keyboard. Well, ill update you guys.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:49 AM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

Please do...
Old 09-03-2009, 01:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

kava is a n00b

yea keyboard issue suks. took mine to the repair shop and they gave me a new one. the lady herself said this new phone is not a refurb..
Old 09-03-2009, 01:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro

kava is a n00b

but it feels like a refurb though.. i can hear the cover making cracking noises when using the keyboard lol
Old 09-03-2009, 01:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Alltel/VerizOn

KillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

dam...Now I really have to take care of my phone now!!! I hear of all this people getting they're replacements to be nothing but ****!!!!!! Just call or go to the store and keep fightin for it. Im sure you spent some money to get this phone and you want it to be worth it. YOu have to be nice but dont let people take advantage of you.

Old 09-03-2009, 02:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2

myxheroxfell is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to myxheroxfell

No Joke, I had to replace my tp 6 times in one month. I think what makes the phones prone to breaking after you get them replaced is because they give you a refurb. You have 2 major options. Ask for the WEL program from and in store manager and they can give you a comparable device or you'll just have to ***** and hope your next replacement will hold out til you're eligible for an upgrade. I'm pretty sure that most tp's and td have been taken off the display shelves and their stock is gone or almost gone. Good luck. Maybe you'll get lucky and get a tp2 out of it.

P.S Advanced services and retension are your friends. USE THEM!
Old 09-03-2009, 02:16 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Did you try the push on the spacebar real hard trick?Helps reconnect that connector in there that comes loose.Also you might try a custom rom on your pro if it is stock. Prolly speed it up.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro