PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 11:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

areonic1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Would changing the radio fix my problem?

I assume the radio is what controls your signal?

Anyway, this is my problem. Ill have 2 bars while using data connect, for phone as modem thing. But I loose connection alot, my pc will say "limited connectivity" now sometimes when i go look at my phone, nothings wrong with it, few I have went back and saw failed to dial the 777 number for data.

So would changing to a diff radio give mea better signal? I am on 100% roaming, set to force roam, and like 2 miles from an ATT tower with 3G but not close to anything sprint.

I have touch pro
stock rom, unlimited everything plan
using the WMWifi trial for a wireless router/connection control

Thank ya,
Shawn
Old 09-02-2009, 01:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola A855 Droid
Carrier: Verizon

vesty16277 is keeping up the good workvesty16277 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to vesty16277
Re: Would changing the radio fix my problem?

I would say scrap the WMWifi and look for the HTC Wifi Internet Sharing app. If your forcing roam you are not getting the full effect of EVDO either. Does your signal cut in and out (like do the bars drop farther than 2?)? You can try to flash your radio. Try to get the most up to date sprint radio or try Telus Radio. It worked well for me as well. You could also try a PRL update.
1- Motorola A855 Droid
1 - Flesh Light
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:45 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

areonic1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesty16277 View Post
I would say scrap the WMWifi and look for the HTC Wifi Internet Sharing app. If your forcing roam you are not getting the full effect of EVDO either. Does your signal cut in and out (like do the bars drop farther than 2?)? You can try to flash your radio. Try to get the most up to date sprint radio or try Telus Radio. It worked well for me as well. You could also try a PRL update.

I did do a PRL update from the phone.

The signal thing, it usualy is 2 bars or lower, Like Ill have an EVDO connection, but it might swap to 1x for a sec, then back... I mean, the drops are really short on the phone, cause when i look at it, it says connected, but my PC notices it cause wow times out, yahoo and the icon in the bottom corner. Its just weird, cause i didnt use to have this problem.

Also on the HTC wifi thing, I couldnt get that one working.But I will try it again
Old 09-02-2009, 01:46 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

areonic1 is a n00b

One last thing....when swapping radios, dont they work diff for diff people? Like if im around verizon towers, shouldnt I get a verizon radio? I just dont totaly understand on the best method to pick which one or what they do
Old 09-02-2009, 01:59 AM
Cheers! ^^
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

TnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TnA-2xXtReM Send a message via Yahoo to TnA-2xXtReM

Yes, the radio does affect your signal strength. Try out the radio thread on the TP Upgrade forums. I tested around 6 radios and found out that the lastest Verizon radio works best for me area. Another member on this forum that I talk to occasionally had the Telus radio on his. To me, the Telus radio gave me the absolutely worse signal, even my stock Sprint radio was better. So yeah.. test out each radio and find the one that give you the nest number closest to zero Also by having better signal, you have increased your battery life.

Good luck!

Temporary selling Sprint SERO 500 plans for $80.

The SERO 500 plan is only $30 a month and it gives you: 500 minutes monthly, unlimited data, unlimited text, unlimited picture mail, nights and weekend from 7PM to 7AM, and more!

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:16 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

areonic1 is a n00b

Thanks alot guys, gonna download em all and give it a shot.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:41 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

first, changing the radio may help, and why not try.. its easy to do, and you can switch back no prob if u dont see improvements..

second, your roaming, dont expect great things..

third, and im suprised nobody caught this... tethering+roaming= bad news..

Roaming-Included Plans: Not available with single-band phones, or to customers residing outside an area covered by the Nationwide Sprint PCS Network. Sprint may terminate service if (1) more than 800 minutes, (2) a majority of minutes or (3) a majority of data kilobytes in a given month are used while roaming. International calling, including in Canada and Mexico, is not included in roaming-included plans. Roaming usage may be invoiced after 30-60 days. Vision/Power Vision services and certain calling features (Voicemail, Caller ID, Call Waiting, etc.) may not be available in all roaming areas.

technically, but not absolutely, you could see phenomenal charges or have sprint cancel you flat out... i couldnt find it, and this says "majority" but im almost certain ive read it, thats its only 300mb for data roaming.. 300mbs is nothing if your tethering....and if your streaming tv or radio, or torrenting/downloading... you can do that in a very very short amount of time...

i know alot of us go over the 5gb cap and things like that... and a ton of us tether just in general... and see NO charges... but your running into a different area which could make sprint notice, since your usage will be mostly roaming now...

just tryin to look out for a fellow PPCG here...
Old 09-02-2009, 06:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola A855 Droid
Carrier: Verizon

vesty16277 is keeping up the good workvesty16277 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to vesty16277

They did that to me once. But I lied and said I was sales rep for the company and pulled the HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO MY JOB AND SELL YOUR PRODUCT???? They turned me back on and haven't bothered me in 3 years. Still roaming......loving the discount in cost below verizon.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro