PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

TCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sufficient system permissions?

I updated to the newer Alltel ROM right after it came out thinking it may be better. Wrong, should have left well enough alone. I tried to flash back the ROM listed as Alltel stock ROM in the stickied post, but it was broken. When I turned the phone off with the bottun on the top of the phone, you couldn't turn it back on. At All. Without pushing the reset button. I have tried several cooked ROMS and found one I liked. Juicy 8. BUt it was battery hog. Which brought me right back to the Alltel one. Now my issue is I get this message "Installation was unsuccesful. The program or settings cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient system permissions." Now I know somebody has had to have found away around this crap. If so please tell me. I have two programs I want to install that gives me this error.

Thanks
Old 09-03-2009, 03:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

TCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Sufficient system permissions?

This seems to be the equivalent of a "You don't administrative rights" message you would get on a desktop. Does anybody know how to get around it. I had no issues with the original Alltel ROM. Which I would love to put back on it, but the one in the sticky thread doesn't work. With it you can't turn the phone back on after cutting it off.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP

Try clearing storage (hard reset). Then try flashing the stock rom back and see what happens.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moment
Carrier: sprint

htcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to htcman724 Send a message via Yahoo to htcman724

i was getting the same message.then flashed to merdins rom its 6.1 but i get great battery life and lots of cool apps u might wanna give it a try.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:22 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

if you install Sktools or have it, it has a feature to disable the asking for cetificate isht...hear no more of that

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro