PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 09:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Slevin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
URGENT, Phone won't unlock

I've rebooted my phone a few times, let it sit with the battery out, and nothing will work to get it to unlock. On the unlock screen, I can put in my 4 digit pin and when I hit press unlock nothing happens. This just started happening. I've been using Calkulins 6.5 ROM for quite some time. Is there any way for me to unlock this??? I can't really afford a hard reset out of nowhere. Thanks.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Slevin is a n00b
Re: URGENT, Phone won't unlock

Oh yeah, this is just the regular lock that you put on in the settings, it has the little slide lock thing, then the pin screen comes up. It was working for about a week with the lock on, I needed to put the pin on because someone was going through my phone. Thanks.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP

How did you forgot the 4 digit pin? I don't think there is a way to disable/bypass it without a hard reset or relashing of the rom.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Slevin is a n00b

I didn't forget the pin, I know it, its still the same. If I enter an incorrect pin it doesn't even show the box that say, sorry you typed an incorrect pin and to try again. I press unlock and it's like there was no pin entered. I really don't want to have to hard reset it.

I connected it to my tablet to get whatever data I could from the phone that wasn't on my storage card, and what do you know, it's telling me to unlock it on the device first. WTF, that's what I'm trying to do! This is so ittirating.

-Slevin
Old 09-01-2009, 11:01 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

same exact thing happened to me the other day. i ended up having to hard reset. what rom are you using?
Old 09-01-2009, 11:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

try the last 4 of your phone number. if that doesnt work hard reset if your only option.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Slevin is a n00b

I couldn't get anything to work. I ended up hard resetting it. What a pile of crap /
Old 09-01-2009, 11:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

before this happened did you do a *228?
Old 09-01-2009, 07:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW Imagio/ Alltel Touch Pro/ VZW Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

bam0112 is keeping up the good workbam0112 is keeping up the good workbam0112 is keeping up the good work

I had this exact same thing happen a couple of months ago with an install of Energy Rom (not blaming the ROM, I think it's a 6.5 issue). I ended up doing a hard reset & haven't used a pin to lock win 6.5 since. Never posted about it because a search here didn't show anyone else having this problem...figured it was a one-off glitch. Now months later I see two others with the same issue.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro