PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2009, 10:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Random files on root folder of device

Well recently I took a look at my root folder and just found out a bunch of files and folders being there... the problem is, their names do not make any sense as most (or all) of them seem to have random ASCII characters. I have tried erasing them but both TC and Resco cannot delete the file. I even tried on windows (on my PC) and it cant delete them.

Now, I know that a hard reset or re flash will fix the issue but I'm trying to get this fixed without having to reinstall everything. Any ideas? Is there an utility like chkdsk but that can be used on the internal memory? Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wm-issue.jpg (100.4 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg wm-issue-re.jpg (68.0 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 08-30-2009, 12:18 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Random files on root folder of device

hmmm.. ive never seen anything like That before... gotta love those 1984 and 85 mod dates lol...

but seriously, how could u not off noticed that before?? u think its been awhile? id look into my program files folders amd start looking for tthings i installed with that 9/24/09 on it.. thats the only file that registers any memory usage.. so youd think something u did, DLd, or app you installed left its mark so to speak.... itll prob take you longer to go through all your files then it would to just Flash again, since that takes all but 2 minutes..

but yeah, thats my opinion...sorry its just that and its not a solution
Old 08-30-2009, 12:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
hmmm.. ive never seen anything like That before... gotta love those 1984 and 85 mod dates lol...

but seriously, how could u not off noticed that before?? u think its been awhile? id look into my program files folders amd start looking for tthings i installed with that 9/24/09 on it.. thats the only file that registers any memory usage.. so youd think something u did, DLd, or app you installed left its mark so to speak.... itll prob take you longer to go through all your files then it would to just Flash again, since that takes all but 2 minutes..

but yeah, thats my opinion...sorry its just that and its not a solution
agreed. with the backup solutions available, its not worth your time to troubleshoot this problem because it would be faster to reflash.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yeah I made a system backup using SKTools, then hard reset. It did solve the FS issue but the phone radio became inactive (as it powered on but it would not pick up any signal). I had to reflash and then restore. No weird files so far.

And yeah, I just noticed it. Main reason is because I usually go into TC when I need to install something from the SD card.

About programs installed... well nothing out of the ordinary maybe it was a bad flash that didnt go that bad but it was going to.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro