PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 01:24 PM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Lumos Settings

I know alot of people are using Lumos now. Just curious as to what your settings are and how you think its affected your battery life (if any at all) through the day.

When I say settings I mean your Floor and Ceiling values which range from 1-10 (w/10 being the brightest)

Link to the thread if you don't have it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=450318
Old 08-26-2009, 01:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

echomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Lumos Settings

I have just used the startup wizard and it seems to run it very well.

Old 08-26-2009, 02:07 PM
brushrop03

Quote:
Originally Posted by echomatics View Post
I have just used the startup wizard and it seems to run it very well.
Yeah, but that just sets the values in the settings tab for you. So you can look in there and see what the actual values are

Right now my settings are

Floor (minimum): 3
Ceiling (maximum): 7
Sensor max: 1356

that's what I was refering to
Old 08-26-2009, 03:16 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

heres my entire list from settings

auto backlight on AC power X
Minimum 2
Maximum 9
sensor minimum 0
sensor max 1444
sensor pollin interval 1250
backlight change 2nd from the left on the lil slider bar
tolerance 0
BL=min below 0
HW keyboard dim 10

mine came preloaded in my 6.5 rom i have... its titanium only and though i dont get alot of calls txt on it....ive been playing with it a ton, setting everything up...and the battery life is def better than my other 2 TPs..

hope that helps
Old 08-26-2009, 03:36 PM
brushrop03

Don't think i could go down to 2
Old 08-26-2009, 03:44 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

thats just what all my defaults are/were with the ROM... i havent played with it at all.. i have great eyesight, so dim light usually desnt affect anything for me...

i play with the device alot, day and night, trying out random new things.. this TP is what i chose to play around with everythng on... so it gets its abuse, just not true power user abuse as most my txts and calls arent from that handset... but the battery holds up all day thats for sure.......for now lol
Old 08-26-2009, 03:54 PM
brushrop03

yeah my glasses and I have wonderful eyesight

I keep it at 3 or 4 just so i can enjoy my wallpaper a little more. when its on AC power I have the settings off
Old 08-26-2009, 04:02 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

yeah if im a ac power, i have everything full blast and at its brighest...why not ya know...

my wall paper has a very light/white backround, so its realyl easy to see, no matter the light..you get your eyes tricked in a sense because the backround is white, so it gives itself a kind of self illumination quality that i think is whats really keeping me from needing to turn it up

see screenshot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (13.5 KB, 23 views) Click for barcode!
Old 08-26-2009, 04:04 PM
brushrop03

Yeah that's true. When I have a lighter background it is easier to see so I usually just keep it at 3. But with my darker ones I go up to as high as 5.

And I really just adjust it to whatever my needs are for the day. If i'm in the office all day near a charger or at home I have no problem turning it up.

If i'm away from a charger for a long time i'm more conservative.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

echomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

auto backlight on AC power X
Minimum 3
Maximum 6
sensor minimum 0
sensor max 1460
sensor pollin interval 1250
backlight change 2nd from the left on the lil slider bar
tolerance 0
BL=min below 0