PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2009, 03:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Sprint

xtcx86 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to xtcx86
Screen going to sleep while in a call.

Hello,

I would like to know how to keep my screen from completely turning off when I am on a call. I would like to screen to dim but not completely turn off...the reason is because when I call companies that require me to enter extensions or card numbers...etc...I hate having to push the power button every single time I have to enter a number...My screen turns off completely within 4-seconds of making a call...does anyone know how I can configure my phone NOT to do that....
Old 08-25-2009, 03:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv6700 -> xv6800 -> xv6850(TP) -> TOUCH PRO 2!
Carrier: Verizon

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Screen going to sleep while in a call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtcx86 View Post
Hello,

I would like to know how to keep my screen from completely turning off when I am on a call. I would like to screen to dim but not completely turn off...the reason is because when I call companies that require me to enter extensions or card numbers...etc...I hate having to push the power button every single time I have to enter a number...My screen turns off completely within 4-seconds of making a call...does anyone know how I can configure my phone NOT to do that....
Most likely, before you get answers, you'll have to post in the correct section. It says you have a sprint 6800 (mogul) . This is completely the wrong area to post this. Post in the main general thread of HTC Titan.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

xtcx86 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to xtcx86

ohh sorry...I have NEVER posted on here before so i'm a bit lost...haha anyways I have the sprint touch pro...how do I move this thread to the correct area?
Old 08-25-2009, 04:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HP H3850-->HP hx2190-->HTC Touch Diamond-->HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus Mobility

banjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to banjoeball

Quote:
ohh sorry...I have NEVER posted on here before so i'm a bit lost...haha anyways I have the sprint touch pro...how do I move this thread to the correct area?
hehe.You're looking for the Touch Pro 1 forum I suppose. Touch Pro 2 is a newer device, and has a proximity sensor so the screen just turns off when its close to your face. I had the diamond (very similar to TP) before the TP2, and I found that the screen turning off during a call was easier than accidentally pressing buttons and stuff with the side of my face. Ever been talking on the phone and it magically goes to speakerphone and scares the crap outta you? not fun

Anyways... to answer your question, a mod has to move this thread over there for you.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:18 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to the general HTC Touch Pro Forum!

Old 08-25-2009, 04:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HP H3850-->HP hx2190-->HTC Touch Diamond-->HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus Mobility

banjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to banjoeball

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Moved to the general HTC Touch Pro Forum!

DEAMMMMM that was speedy! can you read my mind???
Old 08-25-2009, 04:29 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjoeball View Post
DEAMMMMM that was speedy! can you read my mind???
Notice I moved it across devices back to where it belongs too?

And here is a possible solution out of my rom thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
This can be turned off by....Yep, LightSensorPollingEnable. Make the following changes in the registry:

HKCU/ControlPanel\BackLight
"LightSensorPollingEnable" = 0

Softreset...

That should turn it off for you. Not sure about a location in the menu or anything...
Old 08-26-2009, 12:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv6700 -> xv6800 -> xv6850(TP) -> TOUCH PRO 2!
Carrier: Verizon

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
No harm done
Old 08-26-2009, 10:20 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

anybody try this registry edit? i wanna know if it works

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro