PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 04:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

azurecrayon is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
where to find device information

im trying to troubleshoot my sisters tp. its a refurb she just got from the online advanced exchange.

i want to pull up device info to find the rom version, but there are software issues and when you select settings in the menu (actually, septings, since nearly all the menu words are messed up) it brings up a blank folder and there is no device info selection like there should be.

is there somewhere else i can find the device info?

there are programs on the phone that are not stock (i have a tp too so i know what it came with) and im really wondering if they sent her a refurb with a non stock rom installed.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750
Re: where to find device information

sounds like you need to flash to a stock rom to get things working correctly. If it were me, I would unlock it, and flash to a stock rom to be sure everything works correctly, and then from there (if desired) flash to a custom rom.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO
Threadstarter

azurecrayon is just getting started

yeah that was my second option. i just use the stock rom with a few tweaks, have never flashed before, so was hoping i could find out what rom was on it first heh. didnt want to risk bricking the phone by my own incompetence if there was an easier way.

im digging around now for the stock rom file and flashing instructions, may end up doing that anyway to hopefully fix the issues shes having. it almost looks like the menu is in russian, but nothing else is affected except the start menu, and even then only part of it.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You could start by flashing to the stock ship rom just in case. But the ROM information is in the bottom right hand corner on boot up (at the initial screen that says "Touch Pro".

If you flash the Sprint Shipped Stock Rom it is digitaly signed and does NOT require unlocking the device to flash it. I wouldn't risk unlocking it until you have the device working properly as you could brick it.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42741

Flash the SHIPPED rom from that thread. Not the dump.
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
Old 08-24-2009, 06:55 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Well, do a hard reset. The rom wont go anywhere, maybe then you will be able to see the device info menu.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 08-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

If you rally wanted to get crazy you can dump the rom to your SD card using this method:

Hi there,
there was a situation, when someone needed to grab, fast and invisible, a ROM dump off of a device at some exhibition...
Well i wrote this bad and nasty tool to do the dirty work... )

all you need is a SD card and this tool.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=238945

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro