PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2009, 05:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro
Carrier: US Cellular

danwanna is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Keyboard stops working on 6.5 ROMs

I have a USCC TP and have been running various 6.5 ROMS for 3+ months. I just recently started having keyboard issues and have found that if I flash back to stock 6.1 it works fine. When I reflash with any of the 6.5 ROMs my keyboard stops working almost right after booting up.

I normally run Juicy, but I have tried Mighty, Energy, Midnight as well as a couple others.

Any ideas?
Old 08-17-2009, 05:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVo
Carrier: J-Skee Mobility

jskee35 is keeping up the good workjskee35 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jskee35 Send a message via Yahoo to jskee35
Re: Keyboard stops working on 6.5 ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by danwanna View Post
I have a USCC TP and have been running various 6.5 ROMS for 3+ months. I just recently started having keyboard issues and have found that if I flash back to stock 6.1 it works fine. When I reflash with any of the 6.5 ROMs my keyboard stops working almost right after booting up.

I normally run Juicy, but I have tried Mighty, Energy, Midnight as well as a couple others.

Any ideas?
this belongs in general TP forum doesnt it? anywho, mine had been doing that too...but long story short...i got it replaced because it got worse and worse....it worked when it wanted to

WELCOME TO THE COWBOYS DEZ!
Old 08-17-2009, 05:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro and vouge
Carrier: uscc

cellguy030 is a n00b

yea, not a rom problem, its a hardware issue. im waiting for my baby to come back from PCD as we speak. lots of threads on it around here
Old 08-17-2009, 05:17 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

danwanna is a n00b

I guess I could have started there, but I wasn't sure if it was something specific to the ROM builds that have been coming out lately.

@jskee35 - did you notice the same issue with 6.1 and 6.5 ROMs? That is the part that seems strange to me.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:48 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to tp main forum.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: USCC

RLKirkland is a n00b

I have had my TP for about 2 weeks now with 6.5 so far so good, hope i didnt jinx myself lol
Old 08-17-2009, 07:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVo
Carrier: J-Skee Mobility

jskee35 is keeping up the good workjskee35 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jskee35 Send a message via Yahoo to jskee35

Quote:
Originally Posted by danwanna View Post
I guess I could have started there, but I wasn't sure if it was something specific to the ROM builds that have been coming out lately.

@jskee35 - did you notice the same issue with 6.1 and 6.5 ROMs? That is the part that seems strange to me.
mine had started with 6.5 then it got on my nerves so i moved to 6.1 which didnt have it as bad...it just kept getting worse idk why tho. have you tried 6.1 on a consistent bases? like for a few days to a week?
Old 08-17-2009, 08:08 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

danwanna is a n00b

I just had it quit on me with WM6.1 too. USCC is sending me a loaner phone and I have to send mine in for repair.

I was hoping for and exchange in store.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

I had the same experience initially. Died on a 6.5 after having run them for a while. Switched from Mighty to Juicy, still dead. Switched to stock, worked. Switched back to Mighty, still worked for about a week, then dead again. Followed online tips, squeezed the spacebar, started working again while still on 6.5. Then died after another week.

So I, too, thought it was a 6.5 issue, but eventually managed to prove otherwise.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

quazimodem is keeping up the good workquazimodem is keeping up the good work

wow.... I never expected that I would run into these problems but I was starting to suspect the same thing. I'm pretty monogamous when it comes to ROMs but lately, I've been having issues with the keyboard. Stuff like, I would type something... maybe seconds later, it would finally type out what I had just typed. Other times, it simply wouldn't work... I would open/close the keyboard which sometimes does the trick... I don't know.

I'm getting pretty damn frustrated with my touch pro atm. I'm gonna try to flash to 6.1 and see if that makes a difference.. I just need this stupid thing to work when I want it to...geezus.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro