PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 07:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: Sprint

testify585 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Ive Giving Up....! need some expert advice!!!!

ok ive replaced my touch pro at 4 times now ... i recently just had it replaced 3 weeks ago... i added Mighty ROM to my phone... first week everything went fine.... then suddenly it started acting weird... it was running very slow...the contacts would not show up were actully there...it would freeze everytime i tryed to open a text message...couldent dial anumber without it lagging...TouchFlo 3D wouldent load.. and now ActiveSYnc wont SYNC the phone but will connect... Ive tryed the HARD RESET once and it worked for 3 days then everything started happening again...so i tryed the HARD RESET again but it doesent fix the problem... NOW im trying to put the original stock ROM or the JUICY ROM on there to see if that will fix the problem but i cant do that now because i cant SYNC the phone... I AM AT A LOSS WITH THIS PHONE ...

QUESTIONS :

1.Can i get this phone replaced even though i have the Might ROM on there or does it mess up the warrenty?

2. Does anyone know whats goin on with this? (ACTIVE SYNC PROBLEM, CONTACTS, FREEZING)

3. WHY DOES THIS PHONE HAVE SO MANY PROBLEMS??!! haha

anyone out that can help PLEASE... i hate not being able to use my phone ... i practically live on it.. i love the touch pro when it works!!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Giovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Giovanny
Re: Ive Giving Up....! need some expert advice!!!!

Seems like you have a software problem. Try installing the original stock ROM and reinstall a custom ROM. Once you reinstall Mighty do another hard reset and that might fix it. If it doesn't than I guess you're on the loose becasue if you take it to the store that is the first thing they will do which is a hard reset. Like you said it will work for a few days but again it will persist with the problems. I guess there is no way for you to proof that the phone is bad.

Giovanny
Old 08-13-2009, 07:34 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

okay go download the stock rom, the shipped exe. Then flash it, this should fix problems up. Find another rom that you like flash it and see how it is.

You cannot return with a custom rom it will void the warrenty.
Sounds like these problems are the rom not phone itself, so they wouldnt give you a replacement.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

testify585 is a n00b

ok thanks guys thats what i wanna do but theres only one big problem my phone isent syncing with ACTIVE SYNC and i dont know any other way to flash it without having it Synced up ... i have the original stock shipped.exe but RAPHAEL wont let me re flash because the phone wont sync ....
Old 08-13-2009, 07:45 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by testify585 View Post
ok thanks guys thats what i wanna do but theres only one big problem my phone isent syncing with ACTIVE SYNC and i dont know any other way to flash it without having it Synced up ... i have the original stock shipped.exe but RAPHAEL wont let me re flash because the phone wont sync ....
put your phone in bootloader mode then you can flash roms without having the computer recognize it.
To enter bootloader, hold down the power button and the vol down key, then softreset [still holding the buttons until the tri-colored screen shows up, plug the phone in the comp, and flash away!

Last edited by bikeandestroyx; 08-13-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

testify585 is a n00b

ill try that do u think u can join me in the chat room i think ill have many more questions
Old 08-13-2009, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

testify585 is a n00b

im having trouble getten to the bootloader mode...
Old 08-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Just pull the battery out and put it back in. Then hold the power button AND the volume down key until you get the tricolored screen.

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 08-13-2009, 08:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

testify585 is a n00b

OK IM IN BOOTLOADER MODE once im there how do i load the .exe/rom???????
Old 08-13-2009, 08:24 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

just run the ruu or the shipped exe.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro