PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 12:16 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Sprint Touch Pros on BOOST

some guy was talkin about it like a week ago.. i didnt think you could do it.. but i wasnt going to argue... looking at sprint twitter stuff just now(someone said they announced the TP2 launch date-which is a lie btw) but i found a tweet where sprint is actually allowing people to jump over to BOOST with their phones... ETFs still apply if applicable though..

so my question is, how good would the browsing speeds really be on BOOST? is it worth the fact that BOOST has a $50 unlimited talk/txt/web plan?? this is a better option than Metro since you can leave your home area and still use ur device... plus im sure since sprint is flashing it over for you to BOOST, their wont be the dread setting up your own MMS/DATA issues...

what do u guys think???

heres the link from the tweet http://insidesprintnow.wordpress.com...-now-possible/ apparently,if not posted here already, switching from cdma sprint to iden Boost has been available since begining of july
Old 08-10-2009, 12:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2/ Motorola Droid
Carrier: sprint/ Verizon

tuminatr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Pros on BOOST

that story says customers can move to boosts iden network, so the tp wont work its cdma
Old 08-10-2009, 12:37 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

NO, the story says take your cdma to boosts iden...

thats like saying as a sprint cust i cant buy a nextel cuz it iden... of course i can buy a nextel... this is about flashing your phone over...

can i get other opinions please??? or am i really just missing the real point like the 2nd poster said
Old 08-10-2009, 12:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
NO, the story says take your cdma to boosts iden...

thats like saying as a sprint cust i cant buy a nextel cuz it iden... of course i can buy a nextel... this is about flashing your phone over...

can i get other opinions please??? or am i really just missing the real point like the 2nd poster said
its alittle more complicated than just flashing. CDMA and iden are two different tech. its like saying you can take a HSPA phone and bring it to sprint.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:23 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

ok heres the thread i was talking about... read post #1 this is where he states his TP is on Boost... then post #6-#9 is where we go back and forth on the issue... from the sound of things he basicaly did the metro hack... activate a phone on boost/metro, then call and try to have the esn swapped in... apparently this was a big things on howardforums according to his posts a little further down i think...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...rint+touch+pro

heres even another link where a guy is on boost with a TP but cant get mms and data, must of been a hack, but his voice and txt still worked...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...rint+touch+pro

heres my question.... why would sprint have to announce only this past july that its ok for me to cancel and move to boost?? i couldve done this forever ago if i wanted... the original link in my OP it even states EFTs would come into play, since your leaving sprint and going to boost... like i said anyone could have done this before july, especially if paying an EFT is an option....

thats why i think this is really about taking cdma over to boost... id call sprint and ask, but its after midnight on a sunday, their not open LOL...

all comments, thoughts, opinions welcomed
Old 08-10-2009, 01:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Blackberry Style

MrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuff

There was only a small window when Sprint/Nextel/Boost tested doing Boost plans on CDMA devices, and there was only 1, maybe 2 devices that they were doing it on. I know one of them was the VERY basic Motorola c290. That was only available in a couple of markets for a small time frame and anyone on it was allowed to be grandfathered in. I'm not sure how this guy got away with switching his device like that. Power to him, but you won't be able to. Think about the revenue impacts to Sprint. It's no secret that the IDEN network is inferior to CDMA, but they are already losing money from Nextel customers jumping ship to no contract and half the monthly rates. There is NO WAY they would continue to offer the CDMA network for half of the cost and no guarantee that you would even be paying them next month.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:48 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

more interesting stuff :

http://aikresearch.wordpress.com/200...boot-out-cdma/

Sprint Nextel subsidiary Boost Mobile has confirmed it is working to transfer all of its subscribers to iDEN over time. At present Boost will still support CDMA products but will no longer promote them. In an aggressive move earlier this month the MVNO, running on Sprint’s smaller Nextel network, launched a USD50 per month unlimited mobile package.

thats from this past january though... but Boost does support iden apparently
Old 08-10-2009, 01:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Blackberry Style

MrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuff

Boost IS iDen. What that article is saying is what I stated in my last post. There are a FEW CDMA Boost plans still out there and they are trying to get those people to get back over the the iDen network so there will be no CDMA Boosts left. We're gonna have to see what Sprint's purchase of Virgin does for this whole thing though.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:06 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

i agree at the Virgin mobile thing... the rest who knows... but if they support some cdma devices then theres no reason why the howardforum hack wouldnt work just like metro technically...

id never really switch, i just wndered really... then found those articles and remebered the thread from a week ago...

so i guess its safe to say you can do it, just not offically i guess

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro