PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro

MuddyPaws is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is there a better text messaging app?

Is there an app out there that is better than the stock messaging in WM 6.1? I just don't care for it.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:46 PM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Is there a better text messaging app?

Vito SMS
Old 08-03-2009, 02:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630
Carrier: Sprint

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyPaws View Post
Is there an app out there that is better than the stock messaging in WM 6.1? I just don't care for it.
Depending on your carrier, you may be able to find a build of the Arcsoft MMS program. It integrates MMS with SMS and is basically what SMS/MMS should have been all along.

It works great!

If you're on Sprint, be sure to uninstall the Pic Mail cab if you have that installed. You may also need to find a remove Sprint Pic Mail cab first.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
Vito SMS

+1....

~John
Old 08-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Threadstarter

MuddyPaws is a n00b

Every time I install Arcsoft, I can no longer dial. Can't access the phone keyboard with the hard or soft keys. Then I uninstall Arcsoft and all is good.

Alltel with Alltel Arcsoft.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro on VZW

bmb2n is becoming a great contributor

Tried Vito SMS for an hour and can't wait to get if off my phone. The Windows SMS is so much better and it's free.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:45 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyPaws View Post
letter on the foot of a bird
(chizzle (spell check?) it in stone and have somebody give it to the other person
Old 08-04-2009, 03:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

For something that is so simple....I mean really define better!

All it needs to do is let you type and hit send....Recieve MMS and display!

I don't know maybe I'm just a minimalist! LOL
Old 08-04-2009, 04:10 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

i actually love the default sms in 6.1. reminds me of IM'ing which i like.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmb2n View Post
Tried Vito SMS for an hour and can't wait to get if off my phone. The Windows SMS is so much better and it's free.
I completely totally disagree, but that's why there are various options available.

I use SMS-Chat with the TouchPal KB.

This setup using T+ (their version of T-9) is WAY WAY faster than using the hardware KB (+ I never have to worry about the hardware KB problems) & it always works perfectly.

When I first installed Rhodium in a previous ROM, it had the "no sim card installed" error when sending a text from TF. I never even realized my system had the problem however as SMS-Chat still worked perfectly.

I use AEButton + to set up SMS-Chat to open with a double click of the round center button. That way, I can instantly open SMS-Chat ready to text from ANY screen no matter what I'm doing. This is the very first thing I do after any ROM flash.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro