PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2009, 11:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

benanthony is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Nice hack to increase signal strength

I agree with Slypher, I don't do CDMA either but I do run a Wireless Internet Provider company using Motorola Canopy so I look at RX and TX values everyday. It makes sense that if we widen the bandwidth by changing these numbers it will work better for some people and I would also guess that it will work better indoors than outside. Your RX signal is what the signal that your phone is receiving from the Cell tower, you don't change a radios RX power level you have what is called Receive sensitivity which is the min RX level the radio will operate. its pretty high on cell phones somewhere in the -100's.

what is probably happening is as the signal travels from the tower to your phone it is passing through objects (wall, trees, etc.) when this happens it distorts and changes the signal, so by telling the radio to use a wider bandwidth sometime you will get a better signal.

Where this is going to fail is if you find yourself in a situation where you have decent signal but end up next to another signal that your phone is now trying to use. My guess is your phone won't know what to do and drop calls and your signal strength will get very wacky.

For those who set it to a value of 1, i would be curious how your phone acts when you are around a 900Mhz coreless phone or the standing next to the microwave when its running, depending on what band your cell company is using.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:26 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by benanthony View Post
For those who set it to a value of 1, i would be curious how your phone acts when you are around a 900Mhz coreless phone or the standing next to the microwave when its running, depending on what band your cell company is using.
Thats scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
post if this hack gave you brain cancer!
my ear fell off while talking on the phone. that count? HAHA JK!!!!
Old 08-03-2009, 04:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: verizon

schollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularschollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularschollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularschollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

well I just read through this whole thread... Im taking a chance here. I normally have a charger around, and where I work I normally only get one bar or just a bit less, just the EV or 1X with no bars but not quite searching. I just changed all 4 values to 1000. In the Debug menu the DB went from 99-102 on my desk at home to 87-90. and I show 2 bars. if I step outside where I normally show 2 bars, I now show ful bars an the DB goes to low 70's. the RX ec/io is now at 21 sitting on my desk, I forgot to check it before I changed the values, but I believe it was close to what it is now.

I will test it like this for the next three days while Im stuck at work and see how it goes.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

xconwayx is keeping up the good workxconwayx is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to xconwayx Send a message via MSN to xconwayx

I cut all of my defaults by 1000, all seemed well until last night where it is very difficult to receive texts. Anyone else experience this?
Old 08-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: verizon

schollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularschollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularschollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularschollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

not yet. been running great since i did it. where I normally dont have service at work I now have 2 bars. battery life hasnt seemed to be effected either. Im liking this.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

PPCGeeks4ME is keeping up the good workPPCGeeks4ME is keeping up the good work

Man, I wish we had some real info on what this does. It's strange to see that some say lowering the number a little makes things better, some say lowering the number a lot makes things better, some say raising the number a little makes things better, and some say changing the number has no effect.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:47 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp

Normally im not computer retarded, but i cannot for the life of me find the phones com port... Its synced with active sync, now where do i find the com port? When i do ##3242 the phone flashes like it did something, but no screen comes up like normal... Im running silence new 6.1 rom...

Thanks!
Old 08-06-2009, 02:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

xconwayx is keeping up the good workxconwayx is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to xconwayx Send a message via MSN to xconwayx

Quote:
Originally Posted by divxrippimp View Post
Normally im not computer retarded, but i cannot for the life of me find the phones com port... Its synced with active sync, now where do i find the com port? When i do ##3242 the phone flashes like it did something, but no screen comes up like normal... Im running silence new 6.1 rom...

Thanks!

I am not in the program, but you open the main part with the com port options. Somewhere in there add a port. Mine ended up being like port 21.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:51 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

i will try this

i have tryed it . in my aptartment i only get 0-2 bars i can always make calls but sometimes they drop!! but after i did this so far i have dropped and calls!! im not saying that this is a signal booster but it is appearing to juice up lower signal calls!!

i will say that my apartment is not the best place to test this because no company gets good service inside my building, most people dont even get service at all in my building but as soon as u step out side on my balancay you get full service!!

Last edited by Adrianh85; 08-11-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Cricket
Threadstarter

dcperdue is keeping up the good workdcperdue is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to dcperdue

As I stated before some providers might have different results.

I still have no issues with mine at all. Like many others have stated this works for them like it did me. For few others they say it has not worked. So for the ones where it has done you well I am happy for you as I am happy for myself. I dont get out of the house much as I am a developer and am usually coding most of the time. And in my basement next to my servers I had crappy signals. After doing this hack I have no trouble making or receiving calls.

I have noticed I am getting more frequent migrain headaches tho.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro