PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2009, 03:19 PM
SS11184's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Location: DC
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 44
Reputation: 10
SS11184 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Audio Output and Charging

Ok wut i'm trynna do is charge my phone using a car charger and play music thru my car...using the HTC adapter and using the optional audio output (used for regular stereo headset). When i plug the all up the phone cuts the audio part off and charges the phone...but i kno its possible with the reg. HTC headsets u get with the phone? so if there is a reg. hack or jus not possible can someone let me kn
__________________
*uFRESHi'mRIPE*

is retro...playin ff8,ff9,fftactics
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2009, 03:27 PM
JoeBobOneHalf's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro PPC-6850
Carrier: Sprint
Location: North of Phillidelphia, PA
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 177
Reputation: 75
JoeBobOneHalf is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Audio Output and Charging

It you're using the Mogul, start the audio, plug in the adaptor, and plug in the headphone jack. That worked for me on most of my adaptors. If it's the Touch Pro I'm clueless. I'll post the adaptor I use when I find it online.

EDIT: The adaptor I use looks exactly like this one http://www.amazon.com/OEM-Converter-...8805804&sr=8-1


Though I have in the past used one that looks like this http://www.amazon.com/YS-AUC-2-1-Mul.../ref=pd_cp_e_3
__________________
PHONE HISTORY: Sony Ericsson T61c> LG VX7000 (Charging Port Broke)>LG vx8500 (Chocolate) X5 (Phone was a piece of ****)> LG vx8600> Samsung u740 (I don't even remember by now)> Samsung u740 (No service)> Samsung u740 (10 Dropped calls daily) (Goodbye Verizon) > PPC6800 Mogul)>Moto Q9c> PPC6800 Mogul > PPC6850 Touch Pro (Plus a PPC6900 just for fun)

Last edited by JoeBobOneHalf; 07-28-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2009, 03:33 PM
JonaDiaper's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Location: .
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 23
Reputation: 15
JonaDiaper is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Audio Output and Charging

there might be something up with your tp

when i charge mine using the adapter and car charger, everything is fine. when i play music everything is fine, and when i plug in the 3.5mm to the car everything is fine.

are you using the right input to plug in the charger? or are you putting it in where your supposed to put the htc headset?

i used to do that for a while lol
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2009, 03:35 PM
boredandtattooed's Avatar
The Dyslexic VIP
Offline
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint
Location: MI
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,219
Reputation: 6117
boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Audio Output and Charging

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS11184 View Post
Ok wut i'm trynna do is charge my phone using a car charger and play music thru my car...using the HTC adapter and using the optional audio output (used for regular stereo headset). When i plug the all up the phone cuts the audio part off and charges the phone...but i kno its possible with the reg. HTC headsets u get with the phone? so if there is a reg. hack or jus not possible can someone let me kn
i do it, but i use a tape deck adapter(think old portable cd players) and i charge and play just fine... when i tried to duplicate same thing on a mogul i had to insert a headset,dumb i know since im playing through the car, youd hear the music through both, unplug headset and it would stay on through the car...

also, ur from DC huh, how bout passin over that OOH-WOP, wait your from MD, dont they call them BOBs over there? i used to live in Montgomery County... Retro huh, get your FF on man... FFX was the best by far IMO
__________________
Sprints new slogan should be " Whether its a Early Upgrade or charges for nothing, We'll be there"
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-29-2009, 04:41 PM
SS11184's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
Location: DC
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 44
Reputation: 10
SS11184 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Audio Output and Charging

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
i do it, but i use a tape deck adapter(think old portable cd players) and i charge and play just fine... when i tried to duplicate same thing on a mogul i had to insert a headset,dumb i know since im playing through the car, youd hear the music through both, unplug headset and it would stay on through the car...

also, ur from DC huh, how bout passin over that OOH-WOP, wait your from MD, dont they call them BOBs over there? i used to live in Montgomery County... Retro huh, get your FF on man... FFX was the best by far IMO

naw we call "j's" or blunts wuteva rolls off ure tongue..... yeah usin da tape deck and **** **** wont charge. it jus cuts da music off.... i flashed my phone is dat a prob?
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-29-2009, 05:04 PM
SS11184's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
Location: DC
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 44
Reputation: 10
SS11184 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Audio Output and Charging

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBobOneHalf View Post
It you're using the Mogul, start the audio, plug in the adaptor, and plug in the headphone jack. That worked for me on most of my adaptors. If it's the Touch Pro I'm clueless. I'll post the adaptor I use when I find it online.

EDIT: The adaptor I use looks exactly like this one http://www.amazon.com/OEM-Converter-...8805804&sr=8-1



Though I have in the past used one that looks like this http://www.amazon.com/YS-AUC-2-1-Mul.../ref=pd_cp_e_3
hey wassup im using the TP and the adapter dat came with it. I've flashed my phone can that b a prob? and im using the 3.5mm outlet...its going into a tape deck in my car...soooooooo wuts next?
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-29-2009, 05:08 PM
SS11184's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
Location: DC
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 44
Reputation: 10
SS11184 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Audio Output and Charging

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonaDiaper View Post
there might be something up with your tp

when i charge mine using the adapter and car charger, everything is fine. when i play music everything is fine, and when i plug in the 3.5mm to the car everything is fine.

are you using the right input to plug in the charger? or are you putting it in where your supposed to put the htc headset?

i used to do that for a while lol
dude i kno which hole to put it in....lol but yeah when i plug them all up the phone charges and the music plays thru the phone....not the car stereo. im using da adapter dat came wit da car... I've flashed my phone can that b a prob?
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-29-2009, 05:52 PM
boredandtattooed's Avatar
The Dyslexic VIP
Offline
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint
Location: MI
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,219
Reputation: 6117
boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Audio Output and Charging

i guess maybe the rom COULD be the issue, i doubt it though...

i only had trouble making it work after i started doing it with my TP and tried it on my old mogul(RIP).. but yeah, dongle into phone>cassette adapter into 3.5>charger into botttom... thats my setup and works without fail

it should register as a headset plugged in too... so now you can use the on board EQ as well through your stereo
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2009, 09:59 AM
SS11184's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
Location: DC
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 44
Reputation: 10
SS11184 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Audio Output and Charging

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
i guess maybe the rom COULD be the issue, i doubt it though...

i only had trouble making it work after i started doing it with my TP and tried it on my old mogul(RIP).. but yeah, dongle into phone>cassette adapter into 3.5>charger into botttom... thats my setup and works without fail

it should register as a headset plugged in too... so now you can use the on board EQ as well through your stereo

Yeah i can if i turn it on thru the dia.Hack program i can get it to work... ok imma try this lata on when i get off work if not...then i believe it da phone kidd...
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2009, 02:57 PM
elvis1st's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 31
Reputation: 30
elvis1st is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Audio Output and Charging

ok mine just started doing this today, running merdihns rom, i get audio out of the adapter through my fm modulator unless i have the charger plugged in, when i plug the charger into the htc adapter audio switches back to the phone speaker
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com