PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 09:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
[SOLVED!] Add file to OEM?

I used ervius package creator to convert a cab of mine into an OEM and it worked fine except it missed one file. I put the file into the OEM directory directory it created and added a line to initflashfiles.txt
it is supposed to go in the root of the device:
Directory("\"):-File("\filename.ext")
is this correct? do I need to generate a new GUID if I change this stuff? Thanks!

solution in post 10
scroll down
or click this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=10

Last edited by raidzero; 07-27-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:02 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: (simple) OEM creation question

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
I used ervius package creator to convert a cab of mine into an OEM and it worked fine except it missed one file. I put the file into the OEM directory directory it created and added a line to initflashfiles.txt
it is supposed to go in the root of the device:
Directory("\"):-File("\filename.ext")
is this correct? do I need to generate a new GUID if I change this stuff? Thanks!
Looks like your missing the "copy from". Try this:

Directory("\"):-File("filename.exe","\windows\filename.ext")

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:06 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community

thanks! figured it was simple... rebuilding now
Old 07-27-2009, 10:50 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

rebuilt it and the file is still not in the root directory? here is the complete initflashfiles.txt
Code:
;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;Created by ervius packages creator-v2: Package: MobileVPN
root:-Directory("My Documents")
Directory("\My Documents"):-File("EULA Bluefire Security text.txt","\Windows\EULA Bluefire Security text.txt")
root:-Directory("Program Files")
Directory("\Program Files"):-Directory("Bluefire")
Directory("\Program Files\Bluefire"):-Directory("VPN")
Directory("\Program Files\Bluefire\VPN"):-File("bfvpn.exe","\Windows\bfvpn.exe")
Directory("\Program Files\Bluefire\VPN"):-File("getuuid.exe","\Windows\getuuid.exe")
Directory("\Program Files\Bluefire\VPN"):-File("VPNClientDefault.xml","\Windows\VPNClientDefault.xml")
Directory("\Windows"):-Directory("Help")
Directory("\Windows\Help"):-File("Bluefire Mobile Security VPN.lnk","\Windows\Bluefire Mobile Security VPN.lnk")
Directory("\Windows"):-Directory("Start Menu")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu"):-Directory("Programs")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("Bluefire VPN.lnk","\Windows\Bluefire VPN.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("getuuid.lnk","\Windows\getuuid.lnk")
Directory("\"):-File("bflicense.bfp","\bflicense.bfp")
;END Package: MobileVPN

Last edited by raidzero; 07-27-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Nex-tech Wireless

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff
Re: [UNSOLVED] Add file to OEM?

My personal experience, when making an OEM you have to add the files while creating it, otherwise it doens't work right. If needing to modify the files while converting, OEMizer is easier to use.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:17 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
My personal experience, when making an OEM you have to add the files while creating it, otherwise it doens't work right. If needing to modify the files while converting, OEMizer is easier to use.
does that mean the GUID will be incorrect? sort of like a CRC checksum or a passphrase to a wpa-psk wifi network? meaning the GUID is generated from the files the OEM contains? no that cant be right, oemizer makes the guid before anything else... anyway..

I am going to try a quick and dirty trick, make a new oem with oemizer that only contains the file I want to add and its destination, and just include it in the kitchen..
Old 07-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff

I think it has something to do when creating an OEM and putting everything together they all reference each other somehow, and if not included when the OEM is built, it doesn't see it..

Now I want $5 for my ubertechnical explanation
Old 07-27-2009, 12:40 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

heh, it seems like you just cant put stuff in the root directory from OEMs? even when using OEMizer to make my own oem with this one file in it the initflashfiles.txt it generated had \windows\ in it? is there another way to specify you want something to go to the root directory?
Old 07-27-2009, 01:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Try modifying the cab first and hard-coding the install path to be the root directory. From personal experience I have seen very little installed in the root directory, but haven't really made an attempt to do so.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

Directory("\"):-File("bflicense.bfp","\Windows\bflicense.bfp")when adding a file to a rom, all files are in /windows, so your source for the file has to be /windows
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro