PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2009, 09:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

Gusy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ESN Swap and Unlocking

My situation is this one, I bough the HTC TP in ebay with a clean ESN, the person who sold it say in the description that it was for sprint, I'm Pretty sure that the phone can be unlocked and flashed. In he's description he said something about doing the ESN swap when I received the phone, but my question is:

Should I unlock and flash the phone before doing the ESN Swap( or never do the ESN Swap) or should I do the ESN Swap and then do the Unlock and Flashing?

-Thanks in advance
Old 07-24-2009, 09:16 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Re: ESN Swap and Unlocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusy View Post
My situation is this one, I bough the HTC TP in ebay with a clean ESN, the person who sold it say in the description that it was for sprint, I'm Pretty sure that the phone can be unlocked and flashed. In he's description he said something about doing the ESN swap when I received the phone, but my question is:

Should I unlock and flash the phone before doing the ESN Swap( or never do the ESN Swap) or should I do the ESN Swap and then do the Unlock and Flashing?

-Thanks in advance
well do you want to activate the phone on sprint? also ESN swapping [cloning] is illegal and cannot be discussed here.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:22 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Gusy is a n00b

I would like to activate it with cricket, and I guess the ESN swap is through Sprint.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusy View Post
I would like to activate it with cricket, and I guess the ESN swap is through Sprint.
ohhhh thats a different story then, you need to go to cricket, have them flash it and activate it and your done! Then you need to search for a way to get data and mms working, im pretty sure theres a tutorial on here somewhere for cricket, or you can search for the cricket carrier cab!
Old 07-24-2009, 09:31 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Gusy is a n00b

Thank you, I talked to a cricket representative a few days ago, he told me that the flashing will cost me around 45 dlls and 25 for the activation fee, then I though that I could follow some of the tutorials posted and do it my self and save some money, would you recommend doing that? or is it the best way to just take the phone to cricket and tell them to do it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro