PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 04:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kannaguchio is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint store fixed my keyboard!

Woo! I am on my second TP as the first one had the dreaded kb problems and it eventually died. Took it to the store which is a 2 minute walk from work, and they got me a brand new unit, which was awesome. Now, only two months later, the kb on that TP was intermittent, and finally died. I dreaded taking it to the store and having them replace it with some crumby refurb from who knows where.

So in I go anyway, after hard reseting and relocking. The rep says it'll be an hour wait and I can just leave my phone there and pick it up when it's ready. I figured they'd tinker and just establish that, yep, it's broken alright! But, they through me for a loop, 'cuz the tech was competent enough to replace my kb, just like he should be qualified to do. I'm only a bit condescending because I've been exposed to some unqualified techs. In any case, the new kb is great. It feels way better than the original one and doesn't have any noticeable lag, which the original one had even with the .cabs and new roms installed. So I'm happy, and just thought I'd say that it's possible to go to the Sprint store and have some good things happen!

~m
Old 07-23-2009, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

rekphiv is becoming a great contributor
Re: Sprint store fixed my keyboard!

I would have to say 9 out of 10 techs I have talked to in the sprint store barely seem qualified to turn a screwdriver. My favorite tech experience was when I took in my phone for a KB issue, The tech wiped my device with out backing ANYTHING up, and I was over 100 miles from home with no contacts. I even signed the paper telling them to backup my stuff and he still didn't. Now I backup my contacts at least once a week to my SD card and my computer. Not dealing with that again. 8 Years of contacts GONE in 1 day. lol
Old 07-23-2009, 06:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekphiv View Post
I would have to say 9 out of 10 techs I have talked to in the sprint store barely seem qualified to turn a screwdriver. My favorite tech experience was when I took in my phone for a KB issue, The tech wiped my device with out backing ANYTHING up, and I was over 100 miles from home with no contacts. I even signed the paper telling them to backup my stuff and he still didn't. Now I backup my contacts at least once a week to my SD card and my computer. Not dealing with that again. 8 Years of contacts GONE in 1 day. lol
I would've raised hell. Also look into Microsoft MyPhone, automatic backup of contacts at designated times and it takes less then 30 seconds to resync my 200+ contacts.

Also to the OP I just got my keyboard fixed yesterday, I too was surprised I didn't get some refurb, except my keyboard feels exactly the same it just works now lol. But I'm not complainin!
You know me? I can spot a Swan from a Duck
My approach? Smoother than an Armani tux
Old 07-23-2009, 06:46 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

I got my keyboard fixed too, but it didn't last.

The tech told me that Sprint hires just about anyone to be a "tech". They don't have to have any skills. That is why most will just ship off the phone.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 07-23-2009, 07:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoRich196 View Post
I would've raised hell. Also look into Microsoft MyPhone, automatic backup of contacts at designated times and it takes less then 30 seconds to resync my 200+ contacts.

Also to the OP I just got my keyboard fixed yesterday, I too was surprised I didn't get some refurb, except my keyboard feels exactly the same it just works now lol. But I'm not complainin!
Yup using that too now, But the sprint tech wiped my phone maybe 2 months after launch, I was still using the stock sprint rom (NEVER AGAIN llol) so It didnt have the MyPhone then. Myphone is GREAT.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HERO & TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT -my paycheck-

GODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to GODZSON

Glad they were able to help out OP

Donations (show love for my work)
Old 07-23-2009, 09:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

Biggnaa20 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Biggnaa20 Send a message via Skype™ to Biggnaa20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekphiv View Post
Yup using that too now, But the sprint tech wiped my phone maybe 2 months after launch, I was still using the stock sprint rom (NEVER AGAIN llol) so It didnt have the MyPhone then. Myphone is GREAT.
If you have a google account you can sync your contacts and calendar through the exchange server and activesync. Works great for having and OTA backup. an additional bonus is any changes made to google calendar or contacts are on the phone too. No need to change everything on the small screen
Old 07-23-2009, 10:41 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: touch pro, diamond

cndm101 is keeping up the good workcndm101 is keeping up the good work

+1 for ms myphone. took my pro in for keb issues last week and got a refurb :/
Old 07-23-2009, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggnaa20 View Post
If you have a google account you can sync your contacts and calendar through the exchange server and activesync. Works great for having and OTA backup. an additional bonus is any changes made to google calendar or contacts are on the phone too. No need to change everything on the small screen
How exactly do I do this?
Old 07-24-2009, 01:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

jeffyv is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to jeffyv Send a message via Yahoo to jeffyv Send a message via Skype™ to jeffyv

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
I got my keyboard fixed too, but it didn't last.

\.
yup it only lasted me 1-2 months and after that they gave me a refurb

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro