PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

slickjestap is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Close data connection App

Does anyone know of a close data connection app,its such a pain to get into the comm manager and close it or to use your fingernail of your thumb to click on the data connection and hit close. Something very basic like BTonoff . I'm aware you can use your hard key and configure it to hold and turn off your active data connection,but sometimes it has a delay. I hate to hold down buttons so much on such an expensive device and I try and be very careful with mine. Was hoping someone could help
Old 07-20-2009, 01:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Close data connection App

i just use long press in START/SETTINGS and set it to end data. sorry but thats the only other way i know. as far as getting into comm manager for 6.5 its one of the soft keys and im sure you can change one of the soft keys to enter into comm manager. are you really that lazy that you cant just press and hold the end button for a couple of seconds?
Old 07-20-2009, 02:03 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

try this thread, it might help
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...isconnect+data

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Oh ya know what I can set it up through quick menu in shortcuts, on being lazy I wouldn't say that. I guess nothing has ever been done to make it easier to do things on the ppc? Otherwise this site would not exist and most developers would have no job. Everyone would just had stock roms and no apps. I guess that would be good?
Old 07-20-2009, 02:27 PM
VIP Member

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickjestap View Post
Oh ya know what I can set it up through quick menu in shortcuts, on being lazy I wouldn't say that. I guess nothing has ever been done to make it easier to do things on the ppc? Otherwise this site would not exist and most developers would have no job. Everyone would just had stock roms and no apps. I guess that would be good?
WTH are you talking about? making things easy is why long press was made. you make it look like your to lazy to even use the easy way. i mean really, is pressing a button for 2-3 seconds really that hard? as far as apps go, there not all made to make things easier, there made to entertain, inform, or even to help out with every day task. not trying to flame but seriously, come on.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Nevermind I figured something out through AE button. No pressing it is not hard, it makes it hard when I have it mounted in the car or on my mount at home to hold down the hardkey or wait while comm manager stumbles to open. As we all know the documented overheating while charging can be a problem sometimes, and bluetooth and data contribute to this. There is already a BT app that turns BT on and off why not a data connect disconnect button.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:36 PM
VIP Member

even with the BT on/off you still have to go into the start menu. what ver of winmo are you running 6.1 or 6.5?
Old 07-20-2009, 03:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I'm using 6.5. I use MS3 and Pointui pro off and on. So i really don't use the start menu at all because I don't need to. I wanted to have it available in my favorites menu where all my other frequently used programs are.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:00 PM
VIP Member

PUI and MS# both have program tabs, you could just link one to the com manager. i used PUI for a while but it had some bugs that i didnt like so i dumped it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro