PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2009, 06:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: User Customization Backup for Touch Pro using sashimi

this one backs up you current power plan:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Power\Timeouts
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:41 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

how to you backup weather when you have custom locations that you added using weatherdatabaseeditor

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)
Old 08-14-2009, 07:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
how to you backup weather when you have custom locations that you added using weatherdatabaseeditor

In addition to the registry information mentioned on the previous pages, you will want to backup the manila file (database) that you edited, and that file is called 2330fc3c_manila -- if you place that file in \SASHIMI\Auto\Root\Windows\ you will be able to have it restored as well.

I should add this to my previous post as well -- my own city is in the standard database, and at the time I posted it I wasn't even aware of the database file.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:20 AM
VIP Member

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Maybe someone can help me I'm trying to fix my activesync settings when I restore it doesn't complete a few lines. Can some one take a look at the following and see whats missing:

<characteristic type="Sync">
<characteristic type="Connection">
<parm name="Server" value="*******"/>
<parm name="User" value="******"/>
<parm name="Domain" value="******.****"/>
<parm name="Password" value="*******"/>
<parm name="SavePassword" value="1"/>
<parm name="AllowSSLOption" value="1"/>
<parm name="useSSL" value="0"/>
</characteristic>
<characteristic type="Settings">

it doesn't enter the email address or the password I have to go back and type them in manually. Am i missing someting in the section of the XML? I'm thinking it should be something like:

<parm name="EmailAddress" value="**@***.***"/>

Then I wonder why it doesn't enter the password I see the value in the code, whats up with that?

Last edited by zone23; 08-15-2009 at 09:24 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:29 AM
VIP Member

Also I can't get my favorite contacts to restore I tried backing up and restoring the pim.vol but no go, anyone have any other ideas?
Old 08-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC
Threadstarter

murducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
Also I can't get my favorite contacts to restore I tried backing up and restoring the pim.vol but no go, anyone have any other ideas?
touch flo or titanium favorite people ?
Old 08-15-2009, 06:08 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by murducky View Post
touch flo or titanium favorite people ?
Touch Flo
Old 08-15-2009, 06:11 PM
VIP Member

If you move tabs around like I do or at least the weather tab use this to restore there order:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\Configurati on
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:22 PM
VIP Member

I cant get Sashimi to delete files this instructions say to use deleteops.ini in the ini folder so I have created the file with the following code any help?

[DeleteFile]
file1=\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Comm Manager.lnk
file2=\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\utilities\search .lnk
file3=\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\utilities\total commander.lnk
file4=\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\internet\disable data.lnk
file5=\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\internet\email wizard.lnk
file6=\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\internet\beejive im.lnk

I got it it was "StartMenu" needed to me "Start Menu" makes sense.

Last edited by zone23; 08-15-2009 at 11:40 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Okay… I’ve been looking for away to have SASHIMI auto initiate after a hard reset so that there would require no interaction from the user once the Onscreen Calibration process was complete.

I searched both here and over at WinMo Experts and could not find any answers so after about 50 hard resets and twice as may dirty looks from you know who I finally got it to work for me using User Customization (UC). Please keep in mind your ROM must support UC.

Here’s how:
  • Navigate to \Storage Card\SASHIMI\Program\2577. Here you will see a file called AutoRun.mscr.
  • Create a shortcut to this file within the same directory and name it SASHIMI.lnk.
  • Create an SDConfig.txt file with the below commands and save it to the root of the Storage Card. (Included SDConfig.txt attached)
Quote:
CPY1:\Storage Card\SASHIMI\Program\2577\SASHIMI.lnk
CPY2:\Temp\SASHIMI.lnk
HIDE:Enabled
EXEC:\Temp\SASHIMI.lnk
That’s it!!!

Now, every time you hard rest your device will flash the new ROM. Once complete, UC initiates and checks the SDConfig file for instructions. Based on our SDConfig file, UC will copy the SASHIMI.lnk we created over to \Temp where it can then be executed by UC. This will launch SASHIMI that the user can either interact with or if no interaction within 20 seconds SASHIMI will initiate the “Auto” installer, installing all configurations setup within the \SASHIMI\Auto directory. Once all is complete, SASHIMI will then prompt the user to reset the device yes or no. If no interaction within 10 seconds, SASHIMI will automatically reset the device.

Basically, once you initiate a hard reset and complete the onscreen calibration you never have to touch the device again throughout the install and configuration process.

Enjoy!!!

Edit: One thing prevents this from being an comletely unattended install... The fact that if the device goes to sleep during SASHIMI Auto install it seems to pause the installation process until you wake the device. This means you have to make sure to keep the device awake during the install process. I'm looking into away to keep the device awake during this process. I'll update if I find a solution.

Edit 2: Only workaround I can find is to plug into external power during the install process. I believe by default Windows will not sleep for 30 minutes which is plenty of time. This will allow a complete userless flash and restore once the onscreen calibration is completed.
Attached Files
File Type: txt SDConfig.txt (113 Bytes, 40 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by D\/8; 08-16-2009 at 07:30 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro