PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 10:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

mikenerd is keeping up the good workmikenerd is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Weird GPS Problem. Your thoughts??

I have garminXT and google maps installed and working fine. Both use COM4, 4800, managed by windows. I get fast locks and everything. My problem is, I have installed GPSToday, GPS photo, Run.GPS and Sportypal and none of these ever gets a gps fix. All four of these should be using the same GPS settings so, what can be the problem? Could this be a glitch in the ROM or some background process blocking them? I am stumped.

BTW, I am using a Sprint TP on Verizon running VZN Leaked ROM.

Thanks!
Old 07-19-2009, 11:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: Weird GPS Problem. Your thoughts??

hmmm. 3 days. no responces. shucks. OK, I will try another ROM. thanks for looking!
Old 07-20-2009, 12:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

when you try to run these programs are you priming the GPS first by using HTC GPS tools?
Old 07-20-2009, 12:40 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Wish I can help u NerdMikebut dont have VZ. One of the apps could be hijacking your settings, verify that. Definitely not Sporty or rungps as I ran both w/o prob on Sprintee.nomsayin...when did u prob started? after ROM upgrade or what?
Old 07-20-2009, 04:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
when you try to run these programs are you priming the GPS first by using HTC GPS tools?
yes. I even had it running in the background on one try.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB View Post
Wish I can help u NerdMikebut dont have VZ. One of the apps could be hijacking your settings, verify that. Definitely not Sporty or rungps as I ran both w/o prob on Sprintee.nomsayin...when did u prob started? after ROM upgrade or what?
Hijacking?? I was wondering if something was blocking it. How do I check that?

I have always had the vzn leaked ROM since I put it on VZN. I haven't had any problems otherwise so I just cabbed it up with a few progs and hacks. I put garminxt and goog maps on it and they have run pretty much flawlessly. I update with quick GPS every week and get fast locks. The problem started a few weeks ago when I started thinking about getting a prog on there to moniter my runs. I installed GPStoday, sportypal and run.gps and all of them just sit there trying to get a sat lock. I know the settings are right because GarminXT runs fine.

Totally weird. Don't get it.

Thanks
Old 07-20-2009, 04:57 PM
DaFlowMaster

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions

had that happened to me a while back, I installed a gps application and when I tried to run it it just changed gps settings and others apps tht were running b4 couldnt run, so i just killed i tht biatch. I would uninstall GPS photo and GPS today, soft reset, make sure you check the com4,baud 4800 settings. Try Sporty and others and then install one at a time, also make sure u r TP is set to manage GPS automatically (if it is like Sprint)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

crap. I uninstalled google maps and then reinstalled and it worked fine. Then I uninstalled it and everything else...garmin, quickgps, gps tool etc. Tried Sporty and still nothing. Actually, not a big deal... I will use this opportunity to flash a 6.5 ROM. I will post what happens in case down the road someone else has this problem. THANKS for the help HB!!!
Old 07-20-2009, 08:35 PM
DaFlowMaster

Anytime dude, i am sure you ll get it to work sooner or later
Old 07-23-2009, 01:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I got it working. I hard reset to the leaked vzn rom and no dice. Then flashed to Merdins and BOOM sporty and gps today fired right up. I guess there was something in that ROM that was blocking certain programs. I guess it was just the excuse I needed to flash my first custom ROM. very happy. Thanks again!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro