PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 09:17 PM
g00s3y

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
No more Alltel phones on Verizon???

Ok i have searched and tried and searched and tried some more. Is it pretty much impossible to get an Alltel Touch Pro activated *with the alltel esn (i dont want to change it because of the legalities and all)* on Verizon. I know that I may first only have voice and messaging working, that is fine with me. I just can't seem to get it working after reading guides here and on a couple other Mobile Forums. So please if anyone wouldn't mind helping if they can, I would greatly appreciate it.

BTW just thought of something, supposedly verizon will activate an alltel phone if the customer was previously with Alltel (as i have read). If i could get someone who had alltel to activate the phone on their account through verizon, then deactivate it and put their phone back on their account, would I then be able to activate the Alltel on my account?
Old 07-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: VzW

mnkyvndor is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to mnkyvndor
Re: No more Alltel phones on Verizon???

have you been with verizon the whole time... or are you one of us unfortunate souls that has been with alltel and now are part of the verizon world of happiness (bs)
Old 07-17-2009, 09:40 PM
g00s3y

I've been with verizon the whole time, thats why i was thinking the second part of my message might work. And if so would anyone care to help a poor fellow out? lol

I've read that if you have been with verizon the whole time its near impossible...
Old 07-17-2009, 09:47 PM
Lurker

mnkyvndor is a n00b

well, today i was trying to change my plan (formerly with alltel) to a verizon plan... no can do without the purchase of a verizon phone because.... "alltel phones wont work with verizon plans"

i think its a dirty comunist trick... but thats just me...
Old 07-17-2009, 10:01 PM
g00s3y

Yeah thats a lie and I know that, people have gotten to keep their alltel phones on verizon. Thats just something they say so that you will spend money on the verizon phone.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:11 PM
Lurker

mnkyvndor is a n00b

my phone still works... verizon basically just imported the alltel plans for us... but to change to the comperable verizon plan (and save 10 bucks a month) we have to get verizon phones
Old 07-17-2009, 10:42 PM
g00s3y

So basically your meid/esn is in the verizon database now, even though its an alltel phone? Could my theory possibly work?
Old 07-17-2009, 10:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

call them and remind them of there customer agreement. it states that you can use any phone that is CDMA on there network but some features may not work. when i quoted there customer service agreement ver batum there story changed when i said "so what your telling me is your not gonna honor that agreement so i can cansel my account without paying the ETF since they are violating there own CSA. thats when the ball really got rolling and i got my altell 6800 activated on verizon. call tech support and keep getting escilated till you talk to someone about adding your ESN to there DMD. its a PITA but they will do it. it will take between 5-10 days for the ESN to show up after they agree.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint Ofcourse

tech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good work

its a force u wont be able to use non of alltel phone soon i give it 3 month switch to better service plus i bet they wont attack u with the etf

Sprint Overdrive Pro 4G
Old 07-18-2009, 12:27 AM
Lurker

mnkyvndor is a n00b

one thing ive learned about our phones since ive been at this site.... anything is possible...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro