PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 08:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: O2 Serra AKA HTC Touch Pro

sdm197 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation HTC Touch Pro/O2 Serra Txt Message Issue

Hi,

I have an issue when I try to send a txt message, when I type "T" in the "To" field looking for a friend of mines name "Tony" I get all the "Tony's" listed as suggestions except the one I am after.

I have deleted all the contacts, then synced with Outlook, that did not cure it. Then I deleted that particular contact, then re added it back manually checking every piece of info was in the correct format but it still does not appear as one of the suggestions.

I can get round this by tapping the "To" then selecting from the "Contacts" but I cannot understand why it does not offer the Tony I am after as a suggestion like all the other Tony's in my contacts.

Any ideas?

Regards

SDM197.

Last edited by sdm197; 07-17-2009 at 10:19 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-17-2009, 08:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: SPRINT

wchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: HTC Touch Pro/O2 Serra Txt Mesage Issue

Which ROM are you using?
Old 07-17-2009, 09:12 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

How many Tonys do you have? I would suggest, as a test, delete one of the other Tonys and then see if it suggests the one you want. Maybe the number of Tonys you have is just one too many for the number of suggestions the phone is set to give.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Giovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Giovanny
Cool Re: HTC Touch Pro/O2 Serra Txt Mesage Issue

You should try using Tony's last name.

Giovanny
Old 07-17-2009, 10:17 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sdm197 is a n00b

Hi Guys,

thanks for the replies, the ROM version is 1.90.206.4 WWE, I tried to update it with a new version via HTC's website, but after entering my serial number it said something like it was not suitable for my device.

I have also tried entering Tony's last name, it cannot find that as a suggestion either.

I have 12 Tony's in my contact list, but it appears it only suggests ones which have a mobile number which makes sense, just not the Tony I am after..

Thanks in advance for any further ideas, its driving me nuts!

SDM197.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:23 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: HTC Touch Pro/O2 Serra Txt Message Issue

it will only give you so mnay options, i dont know if theres a default number set somewhere in the registry though, if there is maybe it can be edited...

i have alot of numbers from a dating site.. all of those contacts start with that site name ie sitename_sara_screennamehere... if i type in just the begining prefix of the sitename, i only get about 5 of th 13 numbers... i think theres just a default number to howmany entries it will show at once..
Old 07-17-2009, 11:47 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sdm197 is a n00b
Re: HTC Touch Pro/O2 Serra Txt Message Issue

Hi Guys, Well I tried an experiment, i created 12 contacts beginning with Z it displays 6 of them, but not in the order I would of expected I created Zara1/2/3/4 thru to Zara12, it displays as suggestions Zara4/5/6/7/8/9 I thought it would start at Zara1. So it does seem that I would have to delete some of the Tony's to get the one I want selected, however because it does not seem to follow a number order, which ones to delete...... Hmmmmm. Thanks again, any further ideas welcome, SDM197.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro