PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 04:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

drtrmiller is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Custom ROM Comparison Table

I am a new TP owner and I've been studying all the ROMs available for over a week now and am in a tizzy as to how to decide which would be best for me.

Also, in spite of there being several how-to guides, the terminology and acronyms are rarely defined. I suggest the compilation of a glossary of acronyms, terms, and method be stickied for new users.

Furthermore, on the topic of ROM selection, I suggest some sort of master comparison table be assembled so that new and novice users may find it easier to select the ROM that is right for them. Instead of leaving the matter to a simple popularity contest (if one were to sort the forum by the number of views or replies), a more objective and standard table for comparison could be created, showing actual component features, modifications, and performance benchmarks among the different builds.

A table like this would foster greater competition and development throughout the community.

Last edited by drtrmiller; 07-17-2009 at 04:41 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:34 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400
Carrier: Sprint

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr
Re: Custon ROM Comparison Table

there is one like that but its real outdated....i dont think anyone wants to put in the effort

Old 07-17-2009, 04:38 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

drtrmiller is a n00b
Re: Custon ROM Comparison Table

If the actual data fields could be decided on (what details to compare), each ROM developer could easily fill in those details rather quickly, as opposed to one person just doing the entire thing on his or her own.

If I had any idea as to what to compare, I would get the ball rolling, but I have no clue as to where to start.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff
Re: Custom ROM Comparison Table

i hope this helps you.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ght=definition

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:49 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

drtrmiller is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapondrift View Post
That is perfect!! Thanks so much!! :~D
Old 07-17-2009, 05:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

As far as which ROM and comparing, you will probably have to start flashing them yourself. Because the "Perfect Rom" isn't out there. But the "Perfect for me ROM" is. It's a personal choice. I can recommend the SSK 2.4 ROM or the SsS one, both are great "for me" ROMs. I am currently using the SSK. But after a couple flashes (I have now done over 20) it gets real easy. And you can load up the TP like you want in less than a half hour. So get out there and flash away.

Old 07-18-2009, 05:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The ONLY way to make a perfect rom is to use a kitchen and build it yourself...

There are many GREAT roms out there....But there will always be one thing missing or added that you don't like.

What I suggest is to try all of the roms that have kitchens to go with them...Try them out and if the rom is close to what you want, download the kitchen and tweak accordingly.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtrmiller View Post
That is perfect!! Thanks so much!! :~D
no problem man,
Old 07-19-2009, 01:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: better beliEVO!
Carrier: Sprint

meeklo062704 is keeping up the good workmeeklo062704 is keeping up the good work

rheyre all correct about the perfect rom. try them all for a few days and see what you like and dont like about each one. its kinda like dating, except the rom doesnt keep calling you asking if youve been flashing other roms. once you find the right rom youll know it.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker

roflmao

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro