PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2009, 12:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sammy Epic
Carrier: Sprint

strickly_ppc670 is keeping up the good workstrickly_ppc670 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to strickly_ppc670
Lightbulb what is wrong with my 16gb Adata micro card

Basicly quit working today.

1- tried Sandisk 8 gb - no problem( 2gbs-used)
2- tried the 16 gb in a reader( 11gbs -used) reads fine
3- tried the 16 gb in the phone, wont recognize it- but the
USB "disk drive" notices the card..

Tried the Energy and Calkulin ROMs- same issue reader the 16gb card.

---------BOTH OF THESE ROMS ROCK!-----------

Thanks in Advance
----------Priceless ----------
Old 07-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos
Re: what is wrong with my 16gb Adata micro card

This isn't the kind of upgrade this forum is for. Check this Sticky: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65925
Old 07-14-2009, 12:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

does the card work in the computer? reformat it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4g / Touch_Pro2

captblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
does the card work in the computer? reformat it.
make sure you format as FAT32
Old 07-14-2009, 01:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Regular fat works also.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32

FAT will work up to 2TB (8 with 32KB Clusters)

Try a reformat.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:42 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Keep in mind that FAT file structure can only support file's up to 4GB in size. I purposely formatted a 8GB USB key in NTFS format so that I could hold full size 4.7 and 8.5GB DVD isos on my key drive.

Last edited by Darkjedi; 07-14-2009 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
Keep in mind that FAT file structure can only support file's up to 4GB in size. I purposely formatted a 8GB USB key in NTFS format so that I could hold full size 4.7 and 8.5GB DVD isos on my key drive.
DO NOT format and keep flash device using NTFS. It will drastically reduce the life of the drive/media. NTFS is a journaled File System.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:50 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny32 View Post
DO NOT format and keep flash device using NTFS. It will drastically reduce the life of the drive/media. NTFS is a journaled File System.
Modern flash devices can sustain tens of thousands of write/erase cycles nowadays and the lifecycle of flash drives are several years at best. By the time the sectors are worn out, devices 10 times larger will be equally cheap. I doubt WM can even read NTFS file systems anyway. As long as you utilize the safely remove devices function, NTFS is an effective way to transport large files.

exFAT is apparently a new filesystem that was created along with Windows Vista, but it seems to have limited implementation so far. It allows for larger file sizes like NTFS, but none of the disadvantages like caching and more intensive read/write.

Last edited by Darkjedi; 07-14-2009 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
Modern flash devices can sustain tens of thousands of write/erase cycles nowadays and the lifecycle of flash drives are several years at best. By the time the sectors are worn out, devices 10 times larger will be equally cheap. I doubt WM can even read NTFS file systems anyway. As long as you utilize the safely remove devices function, NTFS is an effective way to transport large files.

exFAT is apparently a new filesystem that was created along with Windows Vista, but it seems to have limited implementation so far. It allows for larger file sizes like NTFS, but none of the disadvantages like caching and more intensive read/write.
exFAT was created in part because NTFS' impact on NAND flash memory. The reason NTFS is bad for flash is because of increased I/O operations caused by the journaling feature in NTFS. While SSDs can handle NTFS and similar File Systems, the quality of the flash chips in removable drives and cards is much, much lower and are not designed for read/write operations that file systems designed for disks call for. On top of that, block sizes can also affect the life of a flash drive, as it can only be written in whole blocks. If you create a FS with a larger block size using NTFS, you are only asking for drastically reduced life.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro