PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2009, 06:12 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Talking Custom .cabs thread (UPDATED .CABS)

I got tired of re-cooking my roms everytime a new version of a program came out. WHat I have been doing is moding the cab so they install customized just like the oem. This makes it much easier to update to newer releases. I thought we could post our moded .cabs for others to use. Please make sure to give the creator credit for the program and if necessary get permission. If any developer has a problem with any of their cabs be modified then they will be promptly removed. Also NO WAREZ. I am just trying to contribute. I have gotten pretty good at modding .cabs and wanted to share. If you guys fn this useful please let me know and I will continue to share and maybe take requests.

I modified the S2U2 2.04 cab to install to the same directory as the oem. The shortcuts will appear: Start Menu>>>>Programs>>>>System Tools>>>>S2U2. I set the default clock to the manila diamond clock and adjusted the date format to "July 10, 2009". I am in no way taking credit for the program. ALL CREDIT GOES TO A_C. http://ac-s2.com/

I guess the point would be to make re-doing our phones easier and quicker. If you find this useful click Thanks so I know.

.cabs pending A_C's permission. Permission Granted..

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen03.jpg (8.1 KB, 188 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: cab S2U2-2.04-VGA.cab (3.60 MB, 57 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab S2V-0.42-VGA.cab (153.7 KB, 21 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by ptfdmedic; 07-13-2009 at 06:36 PM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:20 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: S2U2 2.04 modified .cab (installs just like oem)

AC seems to not like it very much when people mod his stuff... they put a touch pro edition out, it was just skinned out really... and he made them take it down... and it wasnt like they didnt give him his cred, they just put it out there so others could have the same look they did..

who knows, hope he lets ya keep it up
Old 07-10-2009, 06:25 PM
ptfdmedic

Re: S2U2 2.04 modified .cab (installs just like oem)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
AC seems to not like it very much when people mod his stuff... they put a touch pro edition out, it was just skinned out really... and he made them take it down... and it wasnt like they didnt give him his cred, they just put it out there so others could have the same look they did..

who knows, hope he lets ya keep it up

OH. I should probably pull it down. I wonder why he doesn't care about the oem everywhere.. Thanks for the heads up....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:27 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Mods Please Delete

hey man, dont listen to me necc, im just saying... people will like it.. let em have it until your told otherwise..

i personally dont see why itd be a big deal
Old 07-10-2009, 06:52 PM
ptfdmedic

Re: Mods Please Delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
hey man, dont listen to me necc, im just saying... people will like it.. let em have it until your told otherwise..

i personally dont see why itd be a big deal
I have a message out to A_C to get permission first. But we could post others.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:36 PM
ptfdmedic

Re: Custom .cabs thread (UPDATED .CABS)

This .cab is the latest build of Microsoft My Phone. This will install the shortcut to Start Menu>>>>Programs>>>>System Tools. Obviously credit goes to Microsoft on this one.

Enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: cab MyPhone_Beta_WM_Professional.cab (607.3 KB, 54 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by ptfdmedic; 07-13-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:55 PM
ptfdmedic

Where is 1.0. This was created by Simosoft Projects and all credit goes to them. http://www.simosoftprojects.com/whereis.php

I modded the .cab to also install AstroLauncher (a GPS primer) into the windows folder. I changed the short cut to automaticlly run Astrolaunch and then launch Where Is. This is just an all in one package. I needed to prime on GPS before Where Is would work. This way all you have to do is install the cab and lauch Where Is from the short cut in the start menu and your good to go. (AstroLauncher will show up as GPS.exe inside the Windows folder).
Attached Files
File Type: cab WhereIs-100.cab (808.0 KB, 35 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-13-2009, 05:58 PM
ptfdmedic

This is the full Adobe Reader 2.0 for WM. This is not the lite version. I modded this cab and removed the large PDF file that gets dropped into the Documents folder by default. Not a major mod but I always go back and delete it after it installs. Just saves me some time.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Adobe Pocket Reader 2.CAB (7.27 MB, 55 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:51 PM
ptfdmedic

Re: Custom .cabs thread (New CABS)

Here is the latest build of Pocket Informant 8.52 RC. As you may or may not be aware of this new build will not install on wm6.5. Anyway I fixed the cab so it installs on Wm6.5 and works very well. Please keep in mind this is available over at www.pocketinformant.com. This is a trial and I assume that you have a software key or are looking to purchase this product. Anyway this works very well. Enjoy. Please do not report bugs to the developer. They block the install on wm6.5 becaus they aren't supporting it yet as it has not been released. This is purely just an upgrade. It adds more finger friendly menus.
Attached Files
File Type: cab PocketInformant_English.WM58.52rc.cab (3.93 MB, 32 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-16-2009, 09:47 PM
ptfdmedic

This is a ziped file of all the current Titanium Panels I use.

Comm Manager
Twitter
Volume Profiles

Enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: rar Titanium Panel Cabs.rar (283.2 KB, 85 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro