PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2009, 09:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Nex-tech Wireless

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Flo takes 3-4 hours to load.

To increase the pagepool you need a pagepool changer. You essentially modify the rom image (the nbh file) and reflash.

The easiest way is this file here - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...84&postcount=2
Old 07-18-2009, 10:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

FatFrosty is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFrosty View Post
Just all the sudden I had problems starting at the end of last week.

Started with my Touch Pro corrupting my sd card on certain folders which I'm not entirely sure if that's related. I couldn't open these certain folders in windows explorer. It was a long tedious process of using xcopy in cmd. Every now and then it would get to a sector it didn't like and eject the sd card. Fun...

Now if I open Opera, it'll only take a few web pages before it stops loading the page, then it stops responding all together. After a good minute all the input will take place instantly. I'm quite patient with my devices but this is frustrating. TF3d is quite unstable now too. When it does start, I normally just have to play with it before it stops again.

I flashed to several different roms, making sure I didn't have any customization or even an SD card in the slot. Stock, Mike, Juicy, NRG and I think Juggs. All with the same problems with a fresh hardreset.

I called Sprint and told them I was having severe performance problems (knowing how immature that probably sounded) and they're sending me one sometime today. I threw in saying my keyboard has been coming in and out so they couldn't argue with me.
Most roms already have page pool set to the best number. I just wanted to chime in that I got my replacement phone and immediately slapped the energy rom on it; its FLYING. The other one obviously had a hardware defect so don't rule that out as to what's causing your phone to crap out.

I also heard (read) of it possibly being a bad prl update. I tried to update it on the bad phone but of course it said it's already at the latest so it wouldn't try to update it. I didn't look into it too much since the new phone was already on the way.

Side note: I thought they were supposed to give me a refurb but I think I ended up with a new one somehow. Sweet.

Good Luck!

Sprint
HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro -> Evo 4G
Old 07-19-2009, 03:27 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannay12 View Post
Touch Flo takes 3-4 hours to load.
everytime i see this thread i wonder. how the heck did you time that to load? how do you have a patientence to let your phone sit there for 3-4 hours to finally see how long it loaded? dont you use your phone? the longest my tf3d ever too to load is maybe 2 mins and thats at the most.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

nannay12 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to nannay12

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
everytime i see this thread i wonder. how the heck did you time that to load? how do you have a patientence to let your phone sit there for 3-4 hours to finally see how long it loaded? dont you use your phone? the longest my tf3d ever too to load is maybe 2 mins and thats at the most.
haha its not like i just sit there and stare at it!! i just chill on my computer all day, and check my phone every half an hour or so lol.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:27 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannay12 View Post
haha its not like i just sit there and stare at it!! i just chill on my computer all day, and check my phone every half an hour or so lol.
haha are you sure? i could see you staring at it, missing dinner and favorite sport shows. paitently waiting for tf3d to load. yelling and it COME ON LOAD ALREADY.... lol

anyways when tf3d is loading can you get calls and text messages?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro